PDA

View Full Version : How to share a custom theme in a multi-page ExtJS application

ykey
11 Oct 2012, 6:54 AM
I am wondering the best way to go about sharing a custom theme and resources like images in a multi-page ExtJS application build. It seems like it currently requires you to rebuild the theme for each individual page in your application.

I would like to store the theme at the workspace level and be able to build the "app" (all pages) by issuing the `sencha app build` command from the workspace directory. Then each page would just reference the theme from the build root.

Something like this..

build\
build\resources\
build\resources\images
build\resources\css
build\page1\
build\page2

andyjl
12 Oct 2012, 1:40 PM
I am having this same problem as well.

ykey
15 Oct 2012, 6:50 AM
Bump. Don't want this to get buried until we hear some official response from a Sencha dev.

burnnat
15 Oct 2012, 12:12 PM
I'm also interested to hear what the "proper" way is, if one exists. The best I could do was hack together a not-too-great solution using the Ant integration of Sencha Cmd.

dongryphon
15 Oct 2012, 2:20 PM
Sorry for the delay. I promise I haven't been ignoring your question ...

At present, elbow grease is about the only answer (and leveraging Ant is a good choice there). You could create a "theme app" (an app with just one theme) to help isolate the theme from "real" apps.

We will be working on a more elegant answer for future releases.

ykey
16 Oct 2012, 4:09 PM
Thanks for replying Don. I have a work around for now but hope this makes it in.

dongryphon
26 Dec 2012, 5:02 PM
The migration is underway - 3.0.2 moves themes into a proper package structure and 3.1 *should* see that structure be shared in a workspace.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?252465-Changes-to-organization-of-Ext-JS-Themes-in-Cmd-3.0.2