PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] senchacmd --sdk /pathtosdk generate app SampleApp /pathtosampleapp Fails

accguy
12 Oct 2012, 12:33 PM
My Env:

W7 64 bit

C:\local\sencha-cmd\bin\Sencha\Cmd\3.0.0.190>compass -v
Compass 0.12.2 (Alnilam)

Sencha Cmd v3.0.0.190

When I try to generate a new app, I get the following:

C:\local\sencha-cmd\bin\Sencha\Cmd\3.0.0.190>sencha --sdk c:\local\sencha-cmd\ext-js\ext-4.1.1a generate app SenchaSampleApp c:\local\SenchaSampleApp
Sencha Cmd v3.0.0.190
[INFO ]
[INFO ] init-properties:
[INFO ]
[INFO ]
[INFO ] init-sencha-command:
[INFO ]
[INFO ]
[INFO ] init:
[INFO ]
[INFO ]
[INFO ] -before-generate-workspace:
[INFO ]
[INFO ]
[INFO ] generate-workspace-impl:
[INFO ]
[INFO ]
[INFO ] -before-copy-framework-to-workspace:
[INFO ]
[INFO ]
[INFO ] copy-framework-to-workspace-impl:
[INFO ]
[ERROR] This is the default implementation from Sencha CMD and must be overriden by the framework.

And, when I look into the app directory I see only this:

C:\local\SenchaSampleApp>ls -al
total 80
drw-rw-rw- 3 dbotham 0 0 2012-10-12 16:29 .
drw-rw-rw- 155 dbotham 0 81920 2012-10-12 16:05 ..
drw-rw-rw- 3 dbotham 0 0 2012-10-12 16:29 .sencha

I have searched and searched for a clue... Just can't find one...

Any help?

Thanks...

dongryphon
12 Oct 2012, 11:23 PM
This is an interesting bug - try running the command from any where other then the Sencha Cmd folder.

accguy
13 Oct 2012, 6:53 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

I will try that and post the results. I do, however, remember trying to run the 'sencha' command from another directory and got an error about it being an unknown command. I assumed that it was normal for the installer to not put the SenchaCmd directory on the path. I will double check that stuff tomorrow.

Tanks again...

dongryphon
14 Oct 2012, 11:44 AM
The installer does add Sencha Cmd to the PATH, but there are a couple issues.

The first is just a (sad) fact or consoles: the PATH is burned in at console/terminal start and so either you must add the Cmd folder to the PATH of a running console or restart with a new console to pick up the new PATH.

The second is that on some platforms, this is not quite working and you have to restart the system or hand edit a different startup script. See http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?245243-Command-not-found-mac-OSX-mountain-lion

accguy
15 Oct 2012, 4:05 AM
So, the problem was that I was using 2 dashes for the 'sdk' switch:

c:\local\sencha-cmd\bin\Sencha\Cmd\3.0.0.190>sencha --sdk c:\local\sencha-cmd\ext-js\ext-4.1.1a generate app SenchaSampleApp c:\local\SenchaSampleApp

Should be:

c:\local\sencha-cmd\bin\Sencha\Cmd\3.0.0.190>sencha -sdk c:\local\sencha-cmd\ext-js\ext-4.1.1a generate app SenchaSampleApp c:\local\SenchaSampleApp

dongryphon (http://www.sencha.com/forum/member.php?80345-dongryphon), thanks again!

dongryphon
15 Oct 2012, 6:55 PM
Sure thing - glad to hear you were able to make it work. I am surprised by the workaround though. The command line processor is not supposed to care about single or double dashes. Odd. I will look in to that.

dongryphon
15 Oct 2012, 6:55 PM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker. This is to resolve the "--sdk" vs "-sdk" issue since we have another ticket on the issue with running from within the Sencha Cmd folder.