PDA

View Full Version : SOLVED: Why is there over 6,000 lines of commented out css in app.css

rad1964rad
12 Oct 2012, 1:24 PM
Why is there over 6,000 lines of commented out css in app.css
Wouldn't it better to have a page in the docs under css (or scss) about polka dotted backgrounds at what-not.

Reason I say this is because my system wanted to crash with every little change I tried to make in the app.css file.

I realize when you publish an app that it compresses the css, but 6k lines of commented out stuff just seems silly.

rad1964rad

mitchellsimoens
13 Oct 2012, 6:10 AM
You shouldn't edit app.css manually, you should change SASS and compile it.

rad1964rad
15 Oct 2012, 12:24 PM
OK, I understand, but aparently the learning curve of sencha touch, compared to zurb foundation and jQuery mobile is much more then I expected. I am in the group of front end developers wondering why SASS is even needed. I have no use for variables in SASS, thats what javascript is for. From what I understand the seperation of content, style and script, should remain seperate. But alas it does not.

Which brings me to my question, despite the compiling of SASS, why add in 6k of lines in the app. Obviously you want a developer to go into the app and see those examples, like polka-dotted backgrounds.. and what I am saying is that whole file caused my computer to lockup a number of times.
So whether or not I "alter" that file or look in it to see the examples, its still way to big.

rad1964

mitchellsimoens
15 Oct 2012, 12:28 PM
With compass in the config.rb you could have this to not have comments and make it as small as possible:

output_style = :compressed
environment = :production

Compass is used to easily theme.

rad1964rad
15 Oct 2012, 2:08 PM
I have that in my config.rb, but since I am a newb at sencha touch, the only way I know how to compile the css is with this DOS command:
sencha app build production

is there a way to compile sass without that command? Or does that command limit me in going back to alter files then compiling again?

Sorry for the 'basic' questions... I wish I had the $3,500 for the upcoming 5 day class in San Francisco!

rad1964

mitchellsimoens
15 Oct 2012, 2:11 PM
no problem!

if you cd into resources/sass/ then you can execute the compass compile command there