PDA

View Full Version : [INFOREQ] New Controllers not loaded w/o restart of SA

rbraddy
17 Oct 2012, 12:56 PM
I'm seeing an odd behavior I want to report.

When I create a new controller in an existing project (with half a dozen other controllers), and then load my app in the web browser, the new controller .js file doesn't get auto-loaded (even though it's in the app's list of controllers).

If I exit Sencha Architect and re-open the project, then hit "Save", and then open the app in the web browser (no other changes), the new controller .js file shows up in the debugger and everything is fine from that point forward.

It's as if the new controller isn't recognized for some reason (in the Metadata folders?) until after the project gets reloaded.

Is this a known issue?

Rick

aconran
31 Oct 2012, 10:22 AM
Rick, sorry that your report got by us. This is not a known issue.

Could you maybe give us some more information and exact steps on reproducing the issue?

rbraddy
31 Oct 2012, 11:32 AM
Sure. Since there is no "Duplicate" controller function (wish there was), I have been using the following ad-hoc process to duplicate controllers:

1. Choose the controller to duplicate, right-click and "Export to File..." (create component)

2. Import the controller component into the Toolbox

3. Add the controller component from Toolbox into Project Inspector as copy

4. Rename the copied controller and update contents of controller as appropriate.

This is probably not a fully-tested / supported method for duplicating controllers, but it does seem to work for the most part.

After doing the above with several controllers, it seems then new controllers, added in the usual ways, also require that SA be exited and relaunched to be recognized and code properly generated.

Any idea when we can get a Duplicate controller menu??

Thanks
Rick