PDA

View Full Version : Embed .Net Window Form Control In Form Panel

azinyama
30 Oct 2012, 10:42 PM
Good day all!!!

I have an ExtJS 4 application that I'm working on using ASP.Net for the backend. I wanted to know if it is possible to 'embed' a .net control into a formpanel.

If it is, how would I go about doing this????

mitchellsimoens
2 Nov 2012, 6:10 AM
I'm not sure why you would do that instead of making some component in Ext JS for it.

azinyama
2 Nov 2012, 9:10 AM
Hi!!!

I want to get a list of printers installed on the local machine and then print. I have looked it up and to the best of my knowledge you can't use javascript to get a list of printers installed on the local machine. I want to print to a Brother Label printer, which does coming with a ActiveX control which allows you to print, but that then limits me to using Internet Explorer, plus the issue of security comes up when using ActiveX.

So I wanted to find out if this was possible and how I would go about it. If there are any examples avaliable I would be greatful.

Here is what I'm trying to do.
I have a grid with some rows in it and an print action column. When the user clicks a rows print button a form popup in which the dot.Net control is embedded. The form is populated with the data from the grid row. It also has a combobox which is populated with a list of printers avaliable on the local machine. User clicks print and prints to the printer they selected.

Thanx...