PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for "resources/sass/<theme>/.sass-cache" folder

cmeans
4 Nov 2012, 11:43 AM
Is there a need/advantage to keep the "resources/sass/<theme>/.sass-cache" folder after the build process?

The reason I ask is that .sass-cache folder is hidden from my view by default in my primary IDE (Eclipse), but got added to our version control system, causing conflicts when I tried to commit some recent changes.

Also, the "sencha app build" process copies that folder into the production target, which I'd like to avoid if it's not necessary.

It seems to me that I should be able to completely drop the "resources/sass" folder from deployment, but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks.

mitchellsimoens
6 Nov 2012, 6:14 AM
That directory is some meta data for when you do a compass compile and it would then know if anything was changed. It's not required you keep it, it would just speed up the compass compile in most cases.

cmeans
6 Nov 2012, 7:36 AM
Exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks!

mitchellsimoens
6 Nov 2012, 8:20 AM
Just a note, if you are using SVN or git I usually just ignore the dir so I can keep the meta data and not have it checked in.

cmeans
6 Nov 2012, 8:48 AM
Still using CVS (believe it or not), but yes, I've now flagged it as being ignored...just had to jump through a few hoops.

Thanks.

itlogo
8 Feb 2013, 8:02 AM
According to http://sass-lang.com/docs/yardoc/file.SASS_REFERENCE.html#cache_location-option, the cache_location can be set to define a different cache directory for SASS, but when I tried setting in resources/sass/default/config.rb:

sass_options = {:cache_location => "/tmp/sass-cache"}

It doesn't appear to work--the sass cache still goes to ./packages/theme/sass/.sass-cache