PDA

View Full Version : Failure Running From non-localhost Server



scott.jackson
8 Nov 2012, 2:49 PM
I have a Sencha ExtJS 4.0.7 project. Nothing fancy, a few tabs, a few grids, backing stores, etc.

The grids use paging toolbars. These paging toolbars, and several other miscellaneous buttons, fail to load in Internet Explorer 8 if, and only if, the application is accessed via a true host name such as http://scottj/app.html. The application loads and works correctly if accessed via http://localhost/app.html.

I've never seen anything quite like this. The machine is running Windows 7, the application is hosted on a Tomcat 6 server running under my own user account, and both the above URLs point to this, my own machine. I've examined both the localhost and machine-name traffic with Fiddler and notice no differences. I've examined the javascript for any hard-coded paths that might cause this and found none.

Any assistance appreciated.

-Scott

mitchellsimoens
10 Nov 2012, 6:18 AM
I've never used Tomcat (I'm not a Java head) but I use virtualhosts on apache and can load from other domains.

selmer57
15 Nov 2012, 1:37 PM
I'm having the same type of problem. LocalHost runs everything great. I move it to my web server and the Json files don't load my tree or grid data. When I use array data, grids populate.

selmer57
17 Nov 2012, 6:26 PM
I found that
<!DOCTYPE html >
<head>
<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=8" >
works to get jqGrid to work. (that's the other grid my company is evaluating).
But it didn't work for Sencha.
JSON string didn't pass the JSONLint test, but then again the sample from Sencha didn't pass either.
I do suspect that the JSON is wrong, but what is right when the sample worked?

Still at a loss...

scott.jackson
19 Nov 2012, 8:21 AM
We had a UI re-factoring that was scheduled. I did extensive work during that to test regularly in IE8 and to never test using localhost. During that process I never again encountered this issue, and my (re-factored) application is working today.

I did save my old project, and it's still broken, should I deploy it. I've found no solution to this mystery to date.

scott.jackson
19 Nov 2012, 12:18 PM
I just checked to be sure, and the original project was using ExtJS 4.0.7, and when I re-factored, I did use ExtJS 4.1.3. And during the process there was also an update released for Architect to version 2.1 build 676. I'm not sure if any of this affected the outcome, but it may indeed have been relevant.