PDA

View Full Version : Creating inside a Wrapper

syrys
15 Nov 2012, 6:39 PM
Hey Guys,

Im quite new to ext js. Just a quick question that someone can quickly help me with.

I was interested in using/changing the portal example shown here (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/portal/portal.html).

But the example puts the code directly inside the body of the html. Is there a quick way to simply use that example, but make sure its only placed within a set wrapper (div). Say div id/class 'wrapper', how would i go about making sure to tell it to deploy things inside the wrapper?

would appreciate the answer being directly related to the example linked above, what i would have to change to put the contents inside a wrapper (besides creating the wrapper div inside the body).

Again, this must be so very simple, just couldn't find it anywhere :(

mitchellsimoens
19 Nov 2012, 9:05 AM
So you are wanting the portal example rendered to a specified div?

syrys
25 Nov 2012, 7:48 PM
Yeah.

For the time being, i have edited the /js/src/container/viewport.js to render entire example in a wrapper div.

var me = this,
html = ( Ext.Element.get('extWrapper') ) ? Ext.Element.get('extWrapper') : document.body.parentNode,
el;
Another question to add to this:
Im using Extjs on a web application. Basically i want the 2d drag and drop grid functionality from this portal example. When i use the example, the resulting web page is quite large, ~3mb with like 50 odd js files dynamically attached to the page (quite a lot of requests). Is there any way someone can help me remove quite a lot of unnecessary requests/attachments to fit my needs?