PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] White SCREEN OF DEATH on launch with ST 2.1

BostonMerlin
17 Nov 2012, 8:43 AM
Using latest architect:

- create a new 2.1 architect project, add a container and a button in that container.
- publish
- run on iPhone, see a button, nice.
- save to home screen
- run, white screen, not so nice.

NOW

- create a new 2.0 architect project, same as before.
- run on iPhone, see a button, nice
- save to home screen
- run, see a button, nice.

I'm using safari on a mac tethered to my iPhone to inspect what's going on. nothing is shown in the console. I added a alert('hello') to the launch function. Again, run on iPhone launched from home screen. Alert is shown then nothing... just a white screen. no errors, no missing references, nothing.

Thoughts?

mitchellsimoens
19 Nov 2012, 11:02 AM
This seems to be due to the Ext.device classes being included in the all build of ST. We already have a bug reported for this.

mhousser
19 Nov 2012, 11:04 AM
Aware of it, but I have yet to see any official feedback which recognizes the incompatibility between sencha-touch-all.js and PhoneGap library include.

Is there a plan to give official feedback in the thread you mention?

AlexeyBeljakov
27 Nov 2012, 9:59 AM
is there any news?
I've got the same bug on my iPad 1 gen.

YoyoLiu
28 Nov 2012, 8:13 PM
I have the same problem.
When I add the form example to home screen, i see nothing but white screen.
Will this fix in next release? I can not test with a home screen app now.

timelyraining
28 Nov 2012, 10:07 PM
I have the same problem.

When I add the form example to home screen, i see nothing but white screen.

then add Requires fields section, it's fine.

AlexeyBeljakov
29 Nov 2012, 2:44 AM
i have this code - requires field is here, but white screen

Ext.application({
name: 'Slides',
isIconPrecomposed: false,
requires: ['Ext.form.Panel','Ext.Carousel'],

launch: function(){..

AlexeyBeljakov
29 Nov 2012, 6:08 AM
at first, sorry for my eng and js knowledge.

i solve this problem by adding lib\src to my project

Why it doesn't work from springboard without this folder, but in the same time greats work from browser???

BostonMerlin
3 Dec 2012, 7:14 AM
Sencha crew.... I need a resolve, quick-fix, whatever ASAP. Current users in our production environment are hitting this issue. It's not an option to tell them to delete their springboard icon and run from the browser bookmark as the app was designed for full screen use.

Help! Thanks,
JB

ovenjackchain
10 Dec 2012, 6:16 PM
I have the same problem,is there any solutions?
I Used the Sencha Touch 2.1.0 Framework,when add to the IPAD home screen,then white screen,but it work well in the Ipad safari,I Don't konw how to do.

my codes

Ext.application({
name: 'PLM',
appFolder: '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/app',
isIconPrecomposed: false,
startupImage: {
'320x460': '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/startup/Default.jpg', // Non-retina iPhone, iPod touch, and all Android devices
'640x920': '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/startup/640x920.png', // Retina iPhone and iPod touch
'640x1096': '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/startup/640x1096.png', // iPhone 5 and iPod touch (fifth generation)
'768x1004': '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/startup/768x1004.png', // Non-retina iPad (first and second generation) in portrait orientation
'748x1024': '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/startup/748x1024.png', // Non-retina iPad (first and second generation) in landscape orientation
'1536x2008': '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/startup/1536x2008.png', // : Retina iPad (third generation) in portrait orientation
'1496x2048': '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/startup/1496x2048.png' // : Retina iPad (third generation) in landscape orientation
},
icon: {
57: '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/images/logo.png',
72: '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/images/logo.png',
114: '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/images/logo.png',
144: '/View/Reports/SenchaTouch/resources/images/logo.png'
},
views: ['MainView', 'condition', 'Product','ProductDetail'],
controllers: ['Main'],
models: ['condition'],
stores: ['Brand', 'Series', 'Season', 'BoDuan', 'Designer', 'Category', 'Product'],
launch: function () {
Ext.Viewport.add(Ext.create('MainView'));
}
});

busaware1
13 Dec 2012, 10:38 PM
Ouch - looks like I may have the same problem

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?251606-Home-Screen-app-launch-shows-White-Screen

is there any work-around / resolution to this?

busaware1
14 Dec 2012, 6:31 PM
Hi,

I hope this helps someone but by a slow and painful process of elimination it turned out that including this line in my controller caused the WSOD.

requires: [
// CAUSES BREAK 'Ext.device.Connection'
]

commenting this line out caused the app to work again from a shortcut on the home screen.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is so?

thx

BostonMerlin
15 Dec 2012, 6:38 AM
Good find, Sencha support has been completely silent on the issue. I don't have that requires to remove. WSOD is still there. This experience is leaving a bad impression.

tobiu
19 Dec 2012, 3:06 AM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

sdebois
20 Dec 2012, 12:00 AM
please fix asap as this prevents us to upgrade to ST 2.1
Launch from home screen is critical for our app!
thx

roboboot
20 Dec 2012, 1:07 PM
Same for me :(

I cannot find the requires string in app.js, so the workaround doesn't work for me.

Please solve the problem!

If someone find another workaround please provide it on this thread.

Thanks

cormip
20 Dec 2012, 1:45 PM
Loading: http://cdn.sencha.io/touch/sencha-touch-2.1.0/examples/kitchensink/index.html

I (http://cdn.sencha.io/touch/sencha-touch-2.1.0/examples/kitchensink/index.html)t seems to behave like a race condition is occurring. On refresh, sometimes the page loads, other times I get the WSOD. When it does load, it takes a long time for the page to render (from a white screen) after the browser has indicated it has finished loading the page; ie ~8-15 seconds AFTER the browser has stopped "spinning/loading".

I was able to duplicate the problem on my own Android phone running ICS as well as on my desktop using the Android SDK emulator.

Paul

roboboot
26 Dec 2012, 10:37 PM
Any news about this huge bug? Please update us, we have the production chain stopped :)

MikeLowery
8 Jan 2013, 9:14 AM
This defect is preventing us from installing our first Sencha Touch application at a major steel firm, and from being able to demonstrate to a current client who is a major financial services firm. This is critical to having production web applications running on iPads. This is a a #1 prior issue for us.

BostonMerlin
8 Jan 2013, 9:30 AM
the quick and dirty fix is to remove all references to Ext.Device from sencha-touch-all.js. All functions are in one place. Remove and save. Make sure your project references the newly modified .js file vs their CDN link.

I am extremely dissapointed with how Sencha handled (not handled) this problem. It's been over a month and half since I reported this problem... still nothing. They should have released an emergency hotfix to their framework... or at a minium. the CDN code base. Their silence on the issue is troubling. I'm beginning to see a track record here with how they handle support issues .. especially ones that deserve an immediate response effecting users production code.

Hope that helps
John

roboboot
8 Jan 2013, 9:57 AM
mhhh...my Sencha-touch-all.js is the compressed version and is not so easy to find the Ext.device (the first letter of "device" is lowercase). I also tried to search into sencha-touch-all-debug.js but there are a lot of references in Ext.device in the code...not only in a single region.

Am I making a mistake?

This workaround is very important for us and I agree with you: the silence is not good!

mitchellsimoens
8 Jan 2013, 9:57 AM
If you have a support subscription you can open a ticket in the support portal to raise priority to bugs.

I would recommend using Sencha Cmd and using sencha-touch.js and doing a build just to only use the classes you need. I'm not sure why you would use sencha-touch-all.js anyway if you can build.

mitchellsimoens
8 Jan 2013, 11:38 AM
Got good news for everyone. We just merged a fix for ST 2.1.1 that will not have the Ext.device.* classes in sencha-touch-all(-debug).js. And 2.1.1 should be out within the next week

ingo.hefti
13 Jan 2013, 5:58 AM
Gooooood news!

roboboot
15 Jan 2013, 9:34 AM
Hi all,

Maybe it's a my mistake, but where is the 2.1.1?

Thanks a lot

sblawrie
16 Jan 2013, 12:39 PM
Where can this file be downloaded?

Thanks.

mitchellsimoens
16 Jan 2013, 12:51 PM
2.1.1 has not been released yet. Should be very shortly

tracker2k
17 Jan 2013, 5:14 AM
Is it ready? How much days will it take to upload to server, if you say that it is ready to use? Can you upload just this one file so we can use it even today.

yarus23
20 Jan 2013, 12:55 AM
Lets be patient, it is better to wait a bit but get bug free version

shepsii
21 Jan 2013, 2:24 AM
Any news? Patience is all well and good, but if you're told about a week, and you plan accordingly, and two weeks later there's still nothing........ it's a little frustrating!

gamani
22 Jan 2013, 11:50 AM
I'm also waiting guys, we are working with a big brand and can't wait any longer! Perlease

mitchellsimoens
22 Jan 2013, 12:03 PM
ST 2.1.1 is complete but we are waiting on an external company. I cannot say more about it as we are under a NDA with this company.

Support subscribers should have access to the nightly builds in the support portal though.

simplyjohn
24 Jan 2013, 12:02 PM
This appears to have only been fixed in sencha-touch-all-debug.js I'm still getting the same error in sencha-touch-all.js as before.

I am using nightly build touch-2.1-20130122

alexpalko
31 Jan 2013, 4:11 AM
Can somebody inform when commercial release will be issued with fix of this bug? Or how to get fix for this issue right now?

tracker2k
5 Feb 2013, 7:39 AM
Still waiting for update. Will there be commercial update and when?

mitchellsimoens
5 Feb 2013, 7:43 AM
Believe it was changed late last week. So last night's nightly *should* have it fixed.

simplyjohn
5 Feb 2013, 7:50 AM
Believe it was changed late last week. So last night's nightly *should* have it fixed.

I can confirm fixed on this. I had a ticket open with support on the issue. I was able to get it working in my project for both debug and final versions in build touch-2.1-20130130

shepsii
6 Feb 2013, 7:19 AM
For those who missed the invisible message at the top of the forums, 2.1.1 is now available as the standard sencha touch download from this site.

semajhere
24 Feb 2013, 10:14 PM
Hi, I downloaded the latest sdk from the website and make a build on IOS but still the white screen is still there. Where can I download the fixed version? Please help...

semajhere
25 Feb 2013, 9:59 PM
can someone confirmed if this was already fixed?

simplyjohn
26 Feb 2013, 6:55 AM
This is fixed in the latest release. 2.1.1. I'm using it right now. If you're still having trouble make sure your device isn't caching an old version of the touch library.

semajhere
26 Feb 2013, 9:53 PM
hi simplyjohn (http://www.sencha.com/forum/member.php?502182-simplyjohn),

Do you know how to clear the cached data in IOS device? Can you please help me how to do this?

simplyjohn
27 Feb 2013, 6:15 AM
hi simplyjohn (http://www.sencha.com/forum/member.php?502182-simplyjohn),

Do you know how to clear the cached data in IOS device? Can you please help me how to do this?

Tap the "Settings" (gear icon). Scroll down to "Safari" and tap it. Look for "Clear Cookies and Data". WARNING this will erase all cookies and local data from all websites without discretion.

semajhere
27 Feb 2013, 3:12 PM
Actually, i already done this but still the white screen still exist.

widmera
27 Mar 2013, 2:48 AM
We've updated to Sencha Touch 2.1.1 but still have the same issue.
We use the sencha-touch-all.js and cordova-2.2.0.js.

In the previous Sencha Touch version 2.1.0 we were able to get rid of that behaviour by removing all the Ext.device classes from the sencha touch JS file but they are no longer included anyway. So, are there other people still having this issue or even better can someone tell me how to fix that?

Any help much appreciated.

Adi

coolisonkeny
15 Nov 2013, 1:12 AM
Using latest architect:

- create a new 2.1 architect project, add a container and a button in that container.
- publish
- run on iPhone, see a button, nice.
- save to home screen
- run, white screen of iPhone (http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-fix-iphone-white-screen-of-death.html), not so nice.

NOW

- create a new 2.0 architect project, same as before.
- run on iPhone, see a button, nice
- save to home screen
- run, see a button, nice.

I'm using safari on a mac tethered to my iPhone to inspect what's going on. nothing is shown in the console. I added a alert('hello') to the launch function. Again, run on iPhone launched from home screen. Alert is shown then nothing... just a white screen. no errors, no missing references, nothing.

Thoughts?

Press and hold the home button, then the up-volume button, then the sleep/power button (so all three buttons are now pressed and held) --- it takes a while, but the white screen will go away and then after another 10 seconds or so (still holding btw!) the apple logo will come up, release the buttons and then wait, it'll boot normally again in a minute or two.

Pringle01
5 Dec 2013, 11:00 PM
What was the solution to this if any?