View Full Version : [FIXED] Architect Crash

deepak_patil1222
11 Dec 2012, 1:40 AM
REQUIRED INFORMATIONArchitect Build tested:

Build: 676
Project Type:

ExtJS 4.x
Description:

My application was a heavy application with 4 screens and around 100 containers with various layouts. i just added a new store and a model for that . while givin the mapping for one of the model field i gave <NodeName.Field Name> , i think just because of the space in field name it got crashed and i lost everything else. can you please let me know how can i recover it ?? this is bool that i have to again create all this. if you have the solution then please let me know.Thanks in advance.
Steps to reproduce the problem:

Create a new sencha ExtJs 4.x project
add a model in it
add model field and in mapping config just give nodeName.field name with space character
The result that was expected:

it should give the proper error message .
The result that occurs instead:

I lost my whole project.

Possible fix:

not provided
Operating System:

WinXP Pro

aconran
11 Dec 2012, 11:17 AM
Was the project under source control? Do you have any backup xda's?

Can you reliably crash Architect following the above steps? I was unable to in a short test with the above instructions.

deepak_patil1222
11 Dec 2012, 9:35 PM
yes i do have a backup xda with me. but that is too old , ill have to unnecessarily work again on some of the screens and stores and models.

I can reproduce the issue with above steps , i did it again now and SA again crashed.

just save the project after above steps and reopen it , and you will find nothing in views controllers and stores. it also deletes the metadata files of the same.

please provide the recovery steps or any workaround here.

attached the screen shot of the error.

aconran
9 Jan 2013, 8:55 AM
Can you reproduce this with a new project?

I've tried to reproduce it a few times and cannot. If you can reliably reproduce it with your project you can share it with us privately so that we can reproduce it. You can email it to architect.feedback at sencha.com

deepak_patil1222
9 Jan 2013, 9:19 PM
Hi ,

Please check the attached screen shot of the error , ill separately send my project on the following id.

architect.feedback at sencha.com

Thanks
Deepak

aconran
10 Jan 2013, 8:53 AM
Thanks