PDA

View Full Version : LiveGrid?

masida
23 Oct 2006, 2:54 PM
Hi Jack (and other Yahoo UI enthusiasts)!

Yahoo UI in combination with the Extensions library looks very nice, and I'm currently considering to use it for a webbased application I'm developing.

However I've some questions regarding your Grid widget: Will it support lazy loading of data and paginating with a scrollbar (like OpenRico's LiveGrid) in the near future? How extensible is it? I've tried implementing and extending Dojo widgets for a while, and I must say it's a real hell (especially because the lack of (good) documentation).

I've already read that you were working on it in another thread, but since I've created my own "LiveGrid" in Mochikit, just as a proof-of-concept, I might be able to help you out with an implementation in Yahoo UI.

Besides, do you have a Subversion / CVS repository?
And do you have an example page, where you give a demo of all widgets which are provided with Yahoo UI Extensions? I couldn't find one, which is a pity because it shows people very fast how to implement (or how easy it is to implement!) your widgets.

Keep up the good work! (I think we're desperately in need for a GOOD open source AJAX/JS/widget framework...)

Cheers,
- Matthias