PDA

View Full Version : Ext.tree & Ext.NestedLayoutPanel: No Keyboard Navigation

oxi
4 Mar 2007, 1:31 PM
When I put a Ext Tree into an Ext Nested Layout, then the tree looses the ability to be navigated by keys. I tested this with ext-1.0-alpha2 and IE7.

innerLayout.add('center', new Ext.ContentPanel('inner'));
layout.add('center', new Ext.NestedLayoutPanel(innerLayout), ...);
tree = new Ext.tree.TreePanel('inner', ...)

jack.slocum
4 Mar 2007, 8:11 PM
Does the tree have the focus?

oxi
5 Mar 2007, 4:19 AM
I'm trying to place two trees in two different contentpanels in a nested borderlayout. I didn't have any problems with keyboard navigation using contentpanels in a normal borderlayout with the same code for the tree's. That's why I believe it's a bug.

However, I can't tell if the tree's are focused properly. I didn't manage to detect if a tree has focus or not. I don't even know how to focus it by code.

Could someone please give me an example how to focus a tree by code and how to detect if it really was focused?

oxi
5 Mar 2007, 9:50 AM
I managed to detect the focus of a text box...

var element = Ext.DomHelper.append(document.body, {tag:'input', type:'text'}, true);
element.addListener('focus', function(){alert('ok')});

...but that didn't work for an Ext.tree:

var element = Ext.DomHelper.append(document.body, {tag:'div', id:'tree'}, true);
element.addListener('focus', function(){alert('ok')});
var tree = new Ext.tree.TreePanel(element, {...

oxi
5 Mar 2007, 12:52 PM
I believe it's an IE or IE7 Bug. As soon as I specify the tree container div to be a float it works.

That means if you have a tree in a div an id but no further attributes, you cannot focus it in IE7, that means you cannot use Key navigation.

I tested it with firefox and the problem didn't occur.

jack.slocum
7 Mar 2007, 3:15 AM
Try adding the css attribute zoom:1 - it is the ie cure all. ;)