PDA

View Full Version : Betas releases and schedule

eldimo
25 Apr 2008, 10:53 AM
Hi,
What is the plan for the betas release? Would it be similar to GWT? Meaning: Beta 1, beta 2, Release candidate 1, and official release...

I'm ready to upgrade to v1.0 beta 1, but I'm afraid that there will be a lot of refactoring until we have the official v1.0 release...

:D

darrellmeyer
25 Apr 2008, 11:41 AM
There will be a normal release cycle: beta, release candidate, final. I cannot give dates on when 1.0 will go final at this time. It will depend on how fast the bugs are knocked out. Getting 1.0 final is the highest priority right now and we are working to get there as fast as possible. If you want to avoid API changes, waiting for rc1 would be the best bet before beginning a upgrade.

I will be posting a roadmap in the next few days that will detail the upcoming releases and included functionality.

eldimo
30 Apr 2008, 9:29 AM
Do you plan to do the official release of 1.0 only when GWT 1.5 reaches itself its official release?

darrellmeyer
2 May 2008, 9:28 AM
1.0 will go final when it is complete, independent of GWT 1.5 being released. Hopefully, GWT 1.5 will have been released by the time Ext GWT 1.0 is ready.