PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] south border region expandable broken

gslender
29 Apr 2008, 11:24 PM
When using BorderLayout, the south region when made expandable is broken when showing the preview pane... ie the click the bar and show the region temp like.... probably best checking the north region as well as it may also have this bug.

gslender
31 May 2008, 2:03 AM
bump - Darrell, this bug still exists and with recent changes to margins, looks like the collapsible nature is broken too... it now hides way, way too low !!

darrellmeyer
5 Jun 2008, 10:47 AM
North and South cannot be floated. I have added a new runtime exception if north or south are floated. Change is in SVN.

gslender
5 Jun 2008, 11:38 PM
thanks - suggest changing the default to not allow/do floatable, or document well in javadocs

gslender
7 Jun 2008, 12:46 AM
darrell - I've noticed that ExtJS and GWT-Ext both offer BorderLayout's that have south region that can be floatable... and working

http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/layout/complex.html

can you clarify if you plan to eventually support it?

flow
13 Jun 2008, 2:25 AM
...uhm, forgive me English is no good too much ;-)
Does this mean, that actually the north and south region are not supposed to be expandable any more?

gslender
13 Jun 2008, 4:02 AM
Does this mean, that actually the north and south region are not supposed to be expandable any more?

Expandable yes. Floatable no.

I'm suggesting that ExtJS have floatable for north and south and that perhaps the decision not to support that feature should be revisited...

flow
13 Jun 2008, 4:48 AM
Figured this out, too. Thanks gslender!

darrellmeyer
13 Jun 2008, 10:23 AM
North and South are now floatable. Change is in SVN.