PDA

View Full Version : Sliding layout region's panel height incorrect?

jarrod
28 Oct 2006, 9:12 AM
Not exactly sure what the problem is, but here's what is observed...

When a collapsed region slides out (i.e. not pinned), the active panel's bottom portion seem to be hidden.

Examples:
- if the panel has a vertical scroll-bar, you won't see the bottom down-scroll arrow
- if the panel has a PagedGridView, the entire paging toolbar is hidden

Once the region is pinned down, the panels show up correctly.

jack.slocum
28 Oct 2006, 9:27 AM
This is in FireFox right? This is a workaround for a FireFox rendering bug. If you move (or slide) a visible element with overflow:auto and it is clipped, FireFox goes nuts bouncing stuff all over the place. The only workaround is too disable overflow:auto while sliding. It even bounces when there are no scrollbars.

jarrod
28 Oct 2006, 10:36 PM
In Firefox, it is very much more obvious because it smears stuff which would otherwise represent the missing bottom section of the sliding panel during animation.

For IE, although there is no rendering artifacts, it is also obvious that the bottom parts of the panel is missing - e.g. a PagedGridView's paging toolbar will be missing.

jack.slocum
28 Oct 2006, 10:38 PM
Are these in sub layouts or something?

jarrod
29 Oct 2006, 4:02 AM
Nope, nothing fancy - I'm not certain but I guess it should be easy to replicate this by placing a PagedGridView into say the 'east' region.

Do let me know if it isn't quite that straight forward - will test out further and perhaps create a minimal test case which exhibits this behavior.

jack.slocum
29 Oct 2006, 11:08 AM
I will whip something up and see what I come up with. Thanks for letting me know.