PDA

View Full Version : Does GXT use Issue Tracking?

maku
26 May 2008, 4:50 AM
Hi,

I've really problems to find information on bugs and the status of them.

Is an issue tracker used where the state of the issues can be seen by the users?

TIA
Martin

gslender
26 May 2008, 12:51 PM
The issue has been raised before. I'm guessing Ext (Jack) doesn't see the value or can't afford the time to set it up?

I personally think its major crazy but its easy to say when you sit on this side ;-)

andrey
20 Jun 2008, 1:03 PM
[Begin soap box]
I've never worked on a software project that didn't utilize a bug tracking system. I find the Ext-GWT forum-based bug tracking to be inefficient and opaque as it lacks the traditional ability for prioritization, scheduling, state management, etc.

Please consider adopting a bug tracking system to help improve the ability to deliver a quality software product.

As an aside, the GXT library is quite complex if you consider how many function points it has times how many environments it should be verified on (function points * supported browsers & platform combinations). I hope that there already exist a reasonable set of unit tests for regression testing or that there is an effort underway to create or enhance such tests.
[End soap box]

I really like the design of GXT and I am interested in seeing that it succeeds based on best software practices that will ensure a high quality product worth paying for.

Thanks,
Andre