PDA

View Full Version : IDE for yui-ext

gedw99
22 Mar 2007, 12:49 PM
Having been using this code base for a while i am wondering why not make an IDE for it.
The code allows this because:
1. The API is very concise and well overloaded consistently.
2. The javascript can be easily refectec off using variosu tools.

The IDE could be written in java and integrated into Eclipse.

just a thought. What do other people think about this? gulp :)

mmcmahon
22 Mar 2007, 2:34 PM
I prefer to use Aptana and hopefully after Ext. 1.0 is released, whoever submitted the YUI-EXT for the code-assist will do the same after the library starts to gel.

tiagodksilva
24 May 2007, 5:07 AM
I think VI better

bendy
7 Oct 2007, 10:09 AM
Has anyone started / know of an interface builder for Ext? I was thinking of making one that would allow you to drag and drop components onto your page. If there isn't one already I will get an alpha up for people to look at.

KRavEN
10 Oct 2007, 3:49 AM
I don't know of anyone that has done a full IDE. There's a code editor that looks pretty nice and a form builder, but nothing with the functionality you are describing. I'd be interested to see what you have.

maudyi
14 Oct 2007, 8:31 AM
eclipse is the standard for java developer. so if you want ext more popular, then must put it into eclipse.

sintax.era
14 Oct 2007, 11:01 AM
eclipse is bloated. :P

KRavEN
18 Oct 2007, 3:38 AM
I like eclipse a lot better than anything else I've tried. Komodo is too slow and does too little, Quanta doesn't have enough features, anything else has poor javascript class support or poor php support. My personal preference is PDT + WTP + Spket + Subclipse. You can get just the stuff you need if you install using the Spket tiny eclipse installer.

sintax.era
18 Oct 2007, 11:22 AM
Im using komodo, but to be honest it hangs a lot...and my bugbear with eclipse is that the ide itself takes far too long to load, and that half the editors seem rushed.
I may give it another go as soon as the month passes and i have enough bandwidth quota to download it

I was using nusphere phped, but only cos it was better than dreamweaver :P

Komodo is better for multi language imho

sintax.era
18 Oct 2007, 11:25 AM
oh i see... tiny eclipse aye.. thats new to me *yoink*

DomZ
18 Nov 2007, 1:41 AM
Has anyone started / know of an interface builder for Ext? I was thinking of making one that would allow you to drag and drop components onto your page. If there isn't one already I will get an alpha up for people to look at.

This is great idea ! A visual editor will be very nice to make things more easier with Ext !

tof
27 Nov 2007, 3:09 AM
There's mine, quite unfinished (but you can build on)

http://www.tof2k.com/ext/formbuilder/
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14702

Elkmor
24 Dec 2007, 10:06 PM
I've tried lots of "IDEs". Really I haven't seen debugging features for JS there, so I think there are not IDEs but advanced text-file editors (aptana, eclipse, VS2008, notepad, PFE, komodo and others), right now I stuck with this thing: http://www.pspad.com. It simple, fast, stable. The only issue with this thing is a lack of code outlines.

Actuarybrad
24 Dec 2007, 11:01 PM
I've tried lots of "IDEs". Really I haven't seen debugging features for JS there, so I think there are not IDEs but advanced text-file editors (aptana, eclipse, VS2008, notepad, PFE, komodo and others),

Try myeclipse....has debugging features

hb562100
26 Dec 2007, 4:34 AM
I always use dreamweaver to build js.

lewgwapo1
10 Apr 2008, 7:14 PM
im just using a text editor in my ubuntu as a newbie :D