View Full Version : Character Encoding changed by JSBuilder

BenPencil
6 Jun 2008, 11:53 AM
Hello,

Using the JSBuilder with these three files:

ext-base.js
ext-all.js
locale\ext-lang-fr_CA.js

Causes a problem with the character encoding. The original ext-lang-fr_CA.js is encoded in UTF-8, but the output file is encoded in ANSI.

For example, before building, the month February is in ext-lang-fr_CA.js as "F

brian.moeskau
7 Jun 2008, 9:29 AM
I haven't heard about this issue before, which is surprising. We'll look into it.

brian.moeskau
7 Jun 2008, 9:33 AM
I've added this issue here: http://code.google.com/p/js-builder/issues/detail?id=28

BenPencil
5 Aug 2008, 6:34 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if there is any update on this issue. Is a fix planned for the next release?

BenPencil
22 Aug 2008, 12:05 PM
I notice that Brian Moeskau is on vacation right now. I was hoping to get some update about this bug. Thanks.

timb
29 Aug 2008, 9:10 AM
I've done a bit of testing with the JSBuilder. Using JSBuilder with the tree files specified by BenPencil in that order will reproduce the problem. Using the same files but with locale\ext-lang-fr_CA.js first will not reproduce the problem; the correct encoding is used. It appears that it is using the encoding of the first file. According to Notepad++, the encoding of ext-base.js is ANSI and the encoding of locale\ext-lang-fr_CA.js is UTF-8 (with BOM). The Ext Translations (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4323) thread says "...please use UTF-8 for character encoding...". Therefore the locale\ext-lang-fr_CA.js has the correct encoding.

I have found a workaround. If you enter something UTF-8 encoded in the comments of the generated text (such as "Workaround to force UTF-8: Canadienne-fran

BenPencil
13 Nov 2008, 10:53 AM
Does anyone have any idea when JSBuilder 1.2 is planned to be released? :">

cuocthiseo01
14 Feb 2009, 1:39 AM
any new release now?

uwolfer
19 Aug 2009, 6:15 AM
This issue is also valid for JSBuilder 2. It renders any file using umlauts unusable. You can easily reproduce with Ext JS translations.

uwolfer
21 Aug 2009, 12:02 AM
Just for your information: a workaround for this issue is to define the file.encoding property:

java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar JSBuilder2.jar --projectFile ...