PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] BUG Password field & setEmptyText

kescatefou
9 Jun 2008, 10:21 AM
There is a bug when using setEmptyText on a PasswordField (TextField with setPassword to true). The empty text is replaced by ****.

darrellmeyer
9 Jun 2008, 11:24 AM
Empty text is disabled when the field is a password field. Fix is in SVN.

maxpert-gxt
28 May 2009, 1:25 AM
With all due respect, but that is not a very smart idea.
You would like to have empty text on password fields as well.

Let us say you have two text fields, username and password. Instead of putting labels, you can just set empty texts in both fields to notify that one is username and the other one is password.
Same way facebook is doing.

Jose Jeria
28 May 2009, 1:55 AM
Same way facebook is doing.

Not really,

Facebook actually shows a input text field with the default text "Password". The input fields type will change to password once you focus it.

maxpert-gxt
28 May 2009, 2:05 AM
Thank for the reply :)
That is the effect I wanted to have with my fields.

Not really,

Facebook actually shows a input text field with the default text "Password". The input fields type will change to password once you focus it.

googelybear
24 Aug 2009, 5:43 AM
I think this behavior should be provided by the library itself... It looks kind of weird if you have empty texts for all your fields EXCEPT the password field.... so if you want to have a nice look everyone has to implement this himself...

FrankCA
24 Jan 2010, 3:44 PM
hi, I'm using gxt-2.0.1 and I'm having the same issue. I see above the "fix is in the SVN" could you please advise how I can get to the SVN. Sorry new to this forum so I'm not exactly sure what the SVN is.
Please help thanks.
Basically as above, I need emptyText fields available for textfields AND password textfields.

Regards,

Frank Fera