PDA

View Full Version : Possible name clash with older versions of ExtJS

walkerr
24 Jun 2008, 12:20 AM
I can see given the heated license discussions that this might not be something ExtJS are interested in - and I don't want to get involved in that, so I'll just pass this on and duck out.

I suspect there may be a namespace clash that prevents GXT and Ext JS 2.0.2 (not sure about later versions) from co-existing in the same application.

Still looking into it - but I suspect both use a "$wnd.Ext." object namespace.

walkerr
24 Jun 2008, 3:55 AM
As per previous post - I'm not sure how many will face that, and if this forum is interested in ways around.

I created a HOWTO anyhow here:

http://gwt-ext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1835

darrellmeyer
25 Jun 2008, 7:44 AM
The name clash occurs when using GXT with GWT-EXT, not Ext JS. GWT applications run within their own context (iframe). GXT and GWT-EXT use $wnd.Ext which is the issue. I refactored the GXT code to use $wnd.GXT.Ext yesterday. Although, I have not tried to run both libraries at the same time, the code was tested by a GXT user who was able to use both libraries without modifications. This changed code is in SVN.

walkerr
25 Jun 2008, 9:09 AM
Thanks for the update. We're on an earlier GXT version (beta5), and I'm not sure we have SVN access, so we did a local refactor. Sounds like we used a similar approach though, although we used $wnd.GxtExt.