PDA

View Full Version : Hide a row

johelrc
1 Jul 2008, 7:14 AM
Hello all,

Currently I'm just starting with this tool.. so I need some help from you all, any help would be welcome; the current problem what I got is what I need to hide a row when the client clicks on "delete" button, but looks like that's not way to do that, so I need to refresh the entire grid (or table) to delete this row.

Thx a lot for any help that you can give me :).

Eng. Olman Rivera

darrellmeyer
1 Jul 2008, 9:02 AM
You do not "delete" rows, rather, just remove them. table.remove(item);. If you are using a TableBinder, then you would remove the Model from the Store.

johelrc
1 Jul 2008, 12:35 PM
But I need to delete the row, for example if I got the rowid how can I say to the grid "remove" that row? If you can add a sample... that would be great

Thx...

Ronn
2 Jul 2008, 8:24 PM
Hi johelrc (http://extjs.com/forum/member.php?u=41075),

Looks like you've got some study to do.. Most modern ui framework these days uses MVC so that you don't need to deal with the UI component directly. You manipulate the data and the UI component will take care of itself.

In order to delete a data row, you should use TableBinder to bind Table with a store. From Store you can then remove/add the data as you need and it should automatically be rendered in the UI.