PDA

View Full Version : Subversion repository

craigday
1 Jul 2008, 8:21 PM
Where is the subversion repository for GXT located?

Cheers
Craig

gslender
1 Jul 2008, 11:39 PM
http://extjs.com/store/gxt/#support-table

mwaschkowski
3 Jul 2008, 4:18 AM
Oh, I see there that svn is only for people that purchase support as well as a license. This seems strange to me.

I don't understand why would customers (like me) that purchased a license and which get minor releases (ie. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 etc) NOT get access to SVN?

I mean, if I find a bug and report it and a patch is released, the customer that purchased a license would not be able to see the update until the next .x release, while those people that purchased support would immediately see the patch via svn? This seems quite unfair, would someone please clarify/confirm for me?

Thanks,

Mark

Kango_V
1 Aug 2008, 2:13 AM
Has SVN been opened up yet? I'd like to start testing so that i can provide feedback. Or, more specifically, can it be opened as read only so we can contribute.

TDB
13 Aug 2008, 8:14 AM
Hi guys!

I'm new here... You know, I was also looking for SVN access (read-only) but found none. This whole situation with SVN being part of support is a bit strange IMO...

It's one of the rare times I say that the software IS worth the money. I'm sure a lot of people are buying licenses from you (which I'm gonna do soon too) and restricting them in such a way is a bit awkward...

jeronimoh
29 Sep 2008, 5:59 AM
I'd like to add my thoughts to this thread. I understand Ext GWT is a commercial product. On the other hand, it has dual licensing (GPL) and community plays an inconsiderable role in it's growth and improvements (bug fixing, technology proposals, ...). Community proposes bug fixes and improvements, but doesn't have rights to see immediate changes in SVN (without subscription to commercial support). This seems a little confusing to me. Nevertheless, GXT is an amazing product, it is worth buying and using. But history still shows us that major improvements in SW development lies in OpenSource community and common readable source code. This doesn't cover "business secrecy", but that definitely doesn't concerns Ext GWT, because it's already OpenSource.