PDA

View Full Version : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

zaccret
22 Jul 2008, 3:44 AM
Darell, I think it would be nice to add a FAQ page in the Help Center (http://extjs.com/helpcenter/index.jsp).

Here is some questions I often see in the forums :
Where can I find any documentation?
On the download page there is this link -> http://extjs.com/helpcenter/index.jsp
How to refresh a tree ?
Use TreeStore.add(M parent, M item, boolean addChildren), TreeLoader.loadChildren(parent) or TreeLoader.load()
Why cannot I only add Fields to a FormPanel ?
FormPanel has a FormLayout which only renders Fields. If you want to use other widgets, use AdapterField
How to handle selection events on a Tree ?
Use TreeBinder.addSelectionChangedListener(..)
How to build a simple Tree with strings ?
Just manually add the items, using TreeItem.add(TreeItem), starting with tree.getRootItem().
I have different behaviours in Internet Explorer and Firefox, is it a Ext GWT bug ?
First, check that you have the good doctype declaration in your HTML main file : <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
How do I explicitly listen for mouse clicks on a widget?

widget.el().addEventsSunk(Event.ONCLICK);
widget.addListener(Events.OnClick, new Listener<DomEvent>() {
public void handleEvent(DomEvent be) {
System.out.println("Clicked!");
}
});
In some cases, you can add a selection listener to a widget instead of listening for mouse clicks.
How can I stop an event from continuing (ie beforeXXXX event)?

event.doit=false;
How do I stop a window from closing and ask "Are you sure"?
Use the event.doit=false in a window listener and then add/remove that listener depending on the answer.
Can I use GWT widgets in GXT ?
Yes :)
I've add widgets to a panel, but they don't show up - why?
Call layout() on the panel.
How to create custom components ? You can extend Component, BoxComponent for a sized component, Container for a "layouted" component when you don't want to expose the layout and LayoutContainer for a "layouted" component when you want to expose the layout.

Please add your suggestions ;-)

zaccret
4 Aug 2008, 12:41 AM
No suggestion ? :(

gslender
4 Aug 2008, 1:07 AM
where can I find any documentation? On the download page there is this link -> http://extjs.com/helpcenter/index.jsp

how can I stop an event from continuing (ie beforeXXXX event)? event.doit=false;

how do I stop a window from closing and ask "Are you sure"? use the event.doit=false in a window listener and then add/remove that listener depending on the answer to are you sure?

can I use GWT widgets in GXT? yes you can

I've added widgets to a panel, but they don't show up - why? Call layout() on the panel.

zaccret
17 Sep 2008, 2:10 AM
I've just add your suggestions

jpnet
17 Sep 2008, 7:25 AM
Can I use GXT widgets in GWT... IE, like have an entire GWT app, and just use the GXT grid?

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I'm not positive.

-JP

darrellmeyer
17 Sep 2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys. I have added the questions to the faq in the help center, and added a help file to the download that points to the help center.

Can I use GXT widgets in GWT... IE, like have an entire GWT app, and just use the GXT grid?

Yes.

gslender
17 Sep 2008, 12:37 PM

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I'm not positive.

-JP

How ironic that a question is being asked in the FAQ post that has the answer... oh boy 8-|

jpnet
17 Sep 2008, 12:41 PM
No, you misunderstood my question then. I interpreted the FAQ question addressing the issue of having application that is primarily composed of GXT widgets and then using a GWT widget. For example, let's say you want to add a GWT Tree to a GXT ContentPanel. That's how I understood the FAQ question.

My question was addressing the issue of having an application that is primarily composed of GWT widgets and then using a GXT widget. For example, let's sayou want to add a GXT Grid to a GWT DecoratorPanel.

Is the difference clear?

-JP

gslender
17 Sep 2008, 1:00 PM
ahhh, sorry seems we both assumed too much ;-)

anyways, good point - we should probably re-word the question and answer then :D

zaccret
7 Oct 2008, 1:08 AM
I've add "How to create custom components ?"

amitamitjhariya
10 Mar 2009, 4:18 AM
Hello all I want to add a jsp page in a tab-panel and when clicking on jsp page the output should arise in another tab-panel can any body plz help me.............
Thanks in advance

zaccret
17 Mar 2009, 2:41 AM
By the way, you can now access/edit the FAQ in the learning center (it is a Wiki) : http://extjs.com/learn/Learn_About_the_Ext_GWT_Library