PDA

View Full Version : Integration with Hibernate4GWT

noon
24 Jul 2008, 11:55 PM
Hi all,

I am the author of Hibernate4GWT which allows persistents beans to be sent and used on GWT client side.
Briefly, Hibernate4GWT clones and merges object graph that are or contain persistent beans.

Some of our users report me that the BaseListLoadResult leads to some integration issue : without Hibernate4GWT, contained Hibernate beans cannot be sent (RPC serialization exception). On the other hand, sending them throgh BaseListLoadResult does not work either... because the GXT class is not a real Java Bean (it provides a 'getData' method, but not 'setData').
The complete thread (and explanations) is here : http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42035

Darrell, can you modify the BaseListLoadResult class accordingly ? It will help our common users to use both GXT and Hibernate4GWT.

Regards
Bruno Marchesson

zaccret
25 Jul 2008, 12:29 AM
Hi again Bruno,

I reformulate my question, maybe not well expressed in the other post : could not Hibernate4GWT clone and merge objects by using class attributes instead of setters methods ? If you cannot do that with GWT deferred binding, could you explain why ?

Thanks in advance.

noon
25 Jul 2008, 1:43 AM
Hi,

The clone and merge operations are based on Beanlib library, which works only on Java beans. The clone algorithm is thus based on setter methods.

Furthermore, even if the underlying reason of the asked change is technical, I think it is a good practice that manipulated data classes (such as BaseListLoadResult) are implemented as Java beans.

Regards
Bruno

darrellmeyer
30 Jul 2008, 5:21 AM
I have added setData to BaseListLoadResult. Change is in SVN.