PDA

View Full Version : GXT on Maven Central repository

sdc
25 Jul 2008, 4:20 AM
Hi,

It would be useful for Maven users (like me) if Ext GWT was available on the Maven central repository ;).

Thanks in advance.

leonate
25 Jul 2008, 6:18 AM
See here http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.extjs/gxt

sdc
25 Jul 2008, 6:55 AM
Mmm. This doesn't look up to date. It stops to 1.0 and the link to the POM is broken

leonate
25 Jul 2008, 11:12 AM
Yes, it is for GXT 1.0.
But it should work as I used it recently.
Ideally Ext GWT team should upload any new versions to maven repo.

sdc
28 Jul 2008, 2:21 AM
Well... actually it IS on Central repository : http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/extjs/gxt/ 8-|

Thanks for the help Leonate and sorry.

seb2nim
25 Aug 2008, 7:35 AM
Would be fine if latest release (1.0.2) was there too !

zaccret
7 Oct 2008, 1:19 AM
Who upload the artifacts to the Central repo ? Is it you, Darell ?
Some releases are missing, such as 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.1.1

lahu
15 Oct 2008, 9:36 PM
Who is uploading the library to the repo? 1.1.1 is still missing

thanks
Lars

mark.wardell
16 Oct 2008, 5:41 AM
I am also looking for the 1.1.1 version on the maven repo.

Who can help?

Thanks
Mark

Kango_V
17 Oct 2008, 12:50 PM
Try this :

mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dpackaging=jar -DartifactId=gxt -Dversion=1.1.1 -Dfile=gxt-1.1.1.jar -DgroupId=com.extjs.gxt -DgeneratePom=true -DrepositoryId=<your_id> -Durl=scp://server/our/repo/path

We have our repositories defined in ~/.m2/settings.xml.

This works very well. No need to wait. Just run that from the dir where you unpacked gxt.

pookey
14 Nov 2008, 8:05 AM
It would be great if someone could keep the central repository up to date... there's been no release on there since 1.1

fabdouglas
2 Dec 2008, 2:14 AM
Please, update the maven repository...

fredrikhultin
8 Jan 2009, 10:07 AM
The 1.2.1 release is not in the maven repo. Is there any chance to get it up there if I ask nicely?

/Fredrik

posta07
8 Jan 2009, 8:26 PM
Have the GXT development team not seen this thread?

Can one of you please respond? If there will be no more updates to the maven repo, can you at least please tell us?

Thanks!

gslender
8 Jan 2009, 10:19 PM
Guys.... we are in the process of adding an Ant build task to update the repo so we should be able to automate the update in future.

BTW - I didn't think anyone from ExtJS was actually updating the repo, so I think previously it was a community member who did? In any case, we hope to automate this in future ;-)

PS - any Ant/Maven experts who wish to help... please PM me :D

sdc
9 Jan 2009, 12:53 AM
Great !!

fredrikhultin
9 Jan 2009, 3:18 AM
This is a good starting point you are using Maven ;)

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/index.html

If you are not using maven and a continous integration tool like hudson I would strongly recommend you to. With such setup updating repos and keeping track of progress is a breeze.

/Fredrik

gslender
9 Jan 2009, 5:30 AM
folks, the intention is to add a target to the Ant build.xml -> http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/reference.html#install

gslender
27 Jan 2009, 3:19 AM
Sorry folks, but the current decision is to not proceed at the moment with any maven repo activity - this not never, just not now.

As such, we are still actively reviewing any easy solutions to provide a build of gxt.jar up onto a maven central repo, so if you have any, please PM me.

Cheers,
Grant

mraible
2 Mar 2009, 11:10 PM
I'd be happy to assist with getting GXT into the central repository. I've added the binary, sources and javadoc JARs to our local Nexus repo and it's pretty straightforward. I also have connections with the central repo gatekeepers if you'd like me to introduce you.

Mike Chaliy
8 Dec 2009, 9:44 AM
Any chance to get 2.1 in central repository?

Jerome C.
10 Dec 2009, 12:55 AM
yes, I would like it too.

mratzloff
15 Jan 2010, 9:48 AM
Any chance to get 2.1 in central repository?Agreed. It's been a year, is there still no Ant task?

jburnhams
18 Feb 2010, 2:52 AM
I would find this helpful also

zaccret
21 Jul 2010, 1:54 AM
Hi,

GWT has made the first step : http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/2010/07/gwt-204-now-available-in-maven-central.html

Regards

Colin Alworth
21 Jul 2010, 11:38 AM
Main problem with this idea is that the GXT team would need two main jars for each version - one for GWT 1.x, and one for GWT 2.x. Then you get into the problem of the css and other resources - my team installs a gxt.jar with all of the source, and a gxt-resources.war with all of the resources, but we dont want it all to show up as /resources in our webapp, so we package it /src/main/webapp/gwt/gxt/ instead. While the maven-war-plugin can be used to change where the overlay is applied, it isn't a fun thing to get to pass on to every single gxt team who happens to use maven...

badams
10 Sep 2010, 9:36 AM
Any idea when GXT 2.2.0 for GWT 2.x will be in Maven repo??

Colin Alworth
10 Sep 2010, 12:29 PM
Any idea when GXT 2.2.0 for GWT 2.x will be in Maven repo??

Unfortunatly, even though I posted over a month ago as the most recent comment before yours, you seem to have missed it. I'm sure the GXT team could use someone to maintain and manage a repo - either make your own, and keep it up to date, or start talking to the people running the central repo. One of the very nice things about GXT being GPLv3'd is that you can do that...

As I posted though, you will still have problems getting any more than the jar into a maven repo in a real and reusable way. Additionally, any pom will need to have the capability to generate GWT 1.7 and GWT 2.0 compatible artifacts.

Its a big job, and if you look at their current source repo, everything is built using ant in such a way that any project, maven based or no, can make use of the results. I see a lot of people bringing complaints and wants into this forum - no one is moving to bring the community forward in any meaningful way.

badams
13 Sep 2010, 9:48 AM
For those that are looking for GXT 2.2.0 for GWT 2.x you can pull it from this maven 2 repo: http://maven.jahia.org/maven2/com/extjs/gxt/2.2.0/

Cheers!

student67
18 Mar 2011, 8:36 AM
Is it possible to make the current version 2.2.3 available in a maven repository? This would also be cool for any future release :D

ELGUENBRI Foued
21 Mar 2011, 2:45 AM
Is it possible to make the current version 2.2.3 available in a maven repository? This would also be cool for any future release :D
+1

shasha shaw
13 Apr 2011, 10:28 PM
I am also waiting for the 1.1.1 version .