PDA

View Full Version : TabbedForm plugin

lburgess
2 Aug 2008, 12:18 AM
I am working on a plugin designed to enhance usability and promote lazy rendering when working with forms which have hidden panels containing form fields. These will usually be within TabPanels (which is my initial concern), however I plan to extend the plugin to work with any type of hidden panel which contains form fields.

When complete, the feature set will include:

The ability to setValues at a form level and have those values applied to the formfields only when they are rendered. This means that you do NOT have to render every panel containing form fields before loading data into the form.

* I have placed an initial solution (which needs to be heavily re-worked for a number of reasons, including the fact that it calls the setValues method everytime the tabchange event is fired.. which creates unnecessary overhead.. which is somewhat ironic!) here:

http://extjs.lburgess.net/examples/tabbedform/
Visual ques on tabs which contain fields with validation errors. As well as automatic activation of the tab containing the first field which failed validation.There may be others as I continue dev.. but these are my primary concerns within my own development at present. If you have any suggestions / advice, I would love to here from you.

I'll update this thread regularly throughout development in order to seek the communities guidance / approval.

Thanks for reading,

Luke