PDA

View Full Version : IE6 'unspecified error'

medusadelft
8 Apr 2007, 1:33 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to use the yui- & ext-libraries.
The yui-javascript includes are: yahoo, animation, dom, event, dragdrop, container_core, menu, treeview
After that, I include:
yui-utilities, ext-yui-adapter, ext-all
(in that order)

On Firefox, everything works fine with no errors shown.
However on IE6 (win2k) I get an error (and the menu (from yui) is not shown):

Line: 12
Char: 714
Error: unspecified error
Code: 0

I think it's the ext-yui-adapter, as when I break the line at that point, the Line number in the error shifts accordingly.

Please help/advise.
I cannot give you access to the program at this time, but when needed I will try to set a sandbox up.

Thank you in advance,

Maurice Uijlenbroek
The Netherlands

medusadelft
8 Apr 2007, 8:56 AM
I did some more searching on the internet and found this subject about altering the Dom causing an 'unspecified error' in IE6.

http://weblogs.asp.net/rajbk/archive/2006/11/29/ie-6-7-unspecified-error-when-accessing-offsetparent-javascript.aspx

Is this (a similair) problem as mine? Any ideas would be appreciated.

jack.slocum
8 Apr 2007, 9:16 AM
Are you using onAvailable? It is known to cause this error in my experience. Inline scripts accessing the DOM also cause it. Make sure you use onReady if possible.

medusadelft
8 Apr 2007, 1:32 PM
Hi Jack,

I replaced all YAHOO.util.Event.addListener with Ext.onReady but still the same problem. I removed everything from my source file, except the menu and the problem still exists. Seems like YUI menu.js is doing something that is given me the problem. Strange thing is that without the ext-yui-adapter, the menu is working fine. Tomorrow, i'll try to assign the menu to a div instead of document.body, maybe that is the trick.

tryanDLS
8 Apr 2007, 2:07 PM
AddListener and onReady are not interchanegable - you can't replace one with the other. I would recommend you start with the tutorials on the homepage and get an understanding of how to work with Ext and events. Also, if you post a sample page that illustrates what your code is doing, maybe someone can help you.

medusadelft
24 Apr 2007, 10:56 AM
Hello jack & Tim,

Sorry it took so long, but tomorrow I will upload an example of the page that has the error in IE 6 (with all yui-libraries and the ext-library). Can't do it at this moment unfortunately.

I've tried the same example page in FireFox (works) and IE 7 (works too, surprisingly!), but I like to get it working in IE 6 as well.

Thanks in advance,

Maurice.

medusadelft
25 Apr 2007, 12:04 AM
I've created a sandbox with an example page. I know not all links are valid, but that's not the point right now.
I've included all the yui-libs I need for this page, but I get the error even with less libraries (yahoo, event, dom, menu). I've used the latest YUI and EXT versions (2.2.2 and 1.0).

http://www.computercreations.nl/sandbox/dummy.html

It works in IE 7 and FireFox, but not in IE 6.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Best regards,
Maurice.

jack.slocum
26 Apr 2007, 11:18 AM
There's two blocks like this:

<script language="JavaScript1.5" type="text/javascript">
<!--
document.body.style.cursor='wait';
if (parent.document != undefined) parent.document.body.style.cursor='wait';
// -->
</script>

Try removing those.

medusadelft
27 Apr 2007, 10:38 AM
Hi Jack,

I have removed them. No luck, just the same error at the same line number.

Maurice.

medusadelft
4 May 2007, 5:04 AM
Jack,

Is it possible to add the not minified yui-adapter files to the next release of the library so I can try to figure out the error myself and hopefully create a work-around?

Maurice.

medusadelft
4 May 2007, 8:46 AM
Hi Jack,

I finally got it solved! I turned lazyload off for the menu-object. I also had to turn lazyload off for the treeview context-menu. Now it all seems to work perfectly.

Thank you for you help!