PDA

View Full Version : Ext GWT 1.1 Alpha 4 Available

darrellmeyer
25 Aug 2008, 9:57 PM
The first alpha release of 1.1 is available now:

1.1 Alpha 2 Download (http://extjs.com/deploy/gxt-1.1-alpha2.zip)

eugenparaschiv
25 Aug 2008, 10:46 PM
Hy. I am very glad 1.1 is in alpha, especially as it comes with a lot of functionality I've been waiting for. Some things I've noticed though:
- a small part of the API has been changed; the changes are actually good, as full backward compatibility would really make the API inflexible, so I see this as a good thing
- there are some methods that are deprecated now, and the javadoc provides no clear alternative; this is not a good thing, as usually when a method is deprecated, the javadoc clearly states what to use instead

Anyways, nicely done!

maku
26 Aug 2008, 4:28 AM
HI,

my observations after a first look using gxt 1.1 in my app.

1)
The icon definitions I used are not longer working as expected when used in a ContentPanel or in a Window. They icons are shown repeated.

e.g. sample css def:
.icon-list {
background-image: url(../images/fam/application_view_list.png) !important;
}

When I add "no-repeat" no icon is shown at all.

The effect is also visible in the explorer demo -> Window -> Complex

2)
For Radio's I set the field label (with setFieldLabel(..)) but NO label is shown on the form

itmean
26 Aug 2008, 5:49 AM
no Desktop source in gxt.jar :(

darrellmeyer
26 Aug 2008, 7:44 AM
no Desktop source in gxt.jarFixed in alpha 2

For Radio's I set the field label (with setFieldLabel(..)) but NO label is shown on the formI do not see any issues with Radio. You use setFieldLabel for a single Radio. You use setBoxLabel for a Radio in a RadioGroup.

there are some methods that are deprecated now, and the javadoc provides no clear alternative;Can you point these places out? We will add comments.

The icon definitions I used are not longer working as expected when used in a ContentPanel or in a Window. They icons are shown repeated.This has been corrected.

All fixes are in Alpha 2 (http://extjs.com/deploy/gxt-1.1-alpha2.zip).

eugenparaschiv
26 Aug 2008, 7:54 AM
One deprecated method with no alternative in Javadoc is
tree.setItemIconStyle("tree-folder");

- on a more serious note, there is a problem with the BorderLayout; this problem was not present in 1.0.2. I cannot yet provide a simple test case (I will try to provide one tomorrow), because the problem is in the middle of the project, and very hard to isolate. That's it for now.

maku
26 Aug 2008, 8:04 AM
Fixed in alpha 2
I do not see any issues with Radio. You use setFieldLabel for a single Radio. You use setBoxLabel for a Radio in a RadioGroup.

In former release the usage of setFieldLabel worked also for Radio's in a RadioGroup

AlexPdro
26 Aug 2008, 8:29 AM
Since 1.1alpha, when I try to make an assertEquals() with JUnit on two BaseModel objects that are equals (the map contains 2 strings and 1 long) the assertion fails.

With gxt1.0.2 it works fine.

I guess there have been a change on the implementation of BaseModel or on the implementation of the equals() method of BaseModel class?

wolvangel
26 Aug 2008, 11:59 PM
Can post Advanced Combo, Grouping and Totals Grid (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43992) sources now that the 1.1alpha is issued.

I tried to make an editable grid with

ColumnConfig col = new ColumnConfig("name", "Entreprise", 200);
col.setEditor(new CellEditor(new TextField()));

But i must be missing something because nothing happens, I still cannot edit the company name.

wolvangel
27 Aug 2008, 12:44 AM
In my previous post I meant "Can you post".

The tree is not rendering properly in 1.1 as you can see in the attached picture. Gaps are not respected inside folders.

gslender
27 Aug 2008, 12:44 AM
wolvangel, post your complete code in the help forum and we might be able to help...

AlexPdro
27 Aug 2008, 12:52 AM
wolvangel, you have the sources of the new explorer in the 1.1 alpha zip files

wolvangel
27 Aug 2008, 1:01 AM
wolvangel, you have the sources of the new explorer in the 1.1 alpha zip files

Yes, sorry, I believed the explorer hadn't be updated. Thanks.

JohnFa
27 Aug 2008, 1:36 AM
I just tested the editor grid :

- EditorGrid + CheckBoxSelectionModel don't work (the checkboxes are useless)
- You can swith from field to field using TAB inside an EditorGrid but if you reach the end of the displayed items (the grid need to scroll automatically to display the next selected field) the filed is not correctly selected and you can't TAB anymore.
- You can't select the text inside a field of an EditorGrid

You have made an amazing job in a so short period, you're impressing guys. Cheers !

TheBuzzer
27 Aug 2008, 8:16 AM
Double click a icon in firefox seems to break the desktop window from showing in the new demo

mdg
27 Aug 2008, 8:17 PM
NumberField doesn't process backspace key, only "Del"
with TextField backspace key is processed right

darrellmeyer
28 Aug 2008, 10:30 AM
Alpha3 is available:

http://extjs.com/deploy/gxt-1.1-alpha3.zip

joelafousse
28 Aug 2008, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I tested the portal demo and I think that there is a little bug.

If you move a box from a column to another and then you click on the header of another box, this one is moved to the other column.

Example:
1) Move box1 from column1 to column3
2) Click on the header of box2 --> box2 is moved to column3
3) Click on the header of box5 --> box5 is also moved to column3

Regards.

eugenparaschiv
28 Aug 2008, 10:20 PM
I have also noticed some bugs when moving the portlets. True, I was working on the internal hosted GWT browser, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Comparing the moving behaviour of the portlet implementation in GXT with that of the implementation in EXT-JS, the movement and reshuflling of portlets in GXT is a little off. I will give clearer examples today.

thejoker101
30 Aug 2008, 4:37 PM
Is there any way to get the query term currently through RpcProxy for the ComboBox? Or is that only available right now through like HttpProxy (I assume that's the one the used in the example linked in the blog post).

Edit: I see a QueryLoadConfig now, but is it not possible to use Paging and a Query?

bakachu
31 Aug 2008, 12:01 AM
Hi Darrell,

Been busy converting all my Tables to Grids, they rock! really cool.

One question, I was messing with the JavaBean support, is there a way to using the Grid Grouping with a sub-bean of a bean?

I'm using hibernate4gwt, and quite often the Bean results from the DB will have things like

Message.getUser()

Where both Message and User are both beans, ideally I would like to groupby Message.getUser.getUserName()

Would this be possible?

Thank you for the awesome new developments.

gslender
31 Aug 2008, 12:15 AM
Darrell should clarify, but I believe this is not supported as of yet ...

jraue
1 Sep 2008, 7:18 AM
When I use a ComboBox, in alpha 3, I get an AssertionError "attribute 'clientX' not defined for event type 'blur'" when I expand a ComboBox. This worked in alpha2.

Unlike in 1.0.2, in the alpha versions, the ComboBox shows the currently selected value, but does not show the possible options (empty text, height smaller than usual). Has the way it reads the possble values changed in 1.1 alpha compared to 1.0.2 -- how?

Thanks,

Joachim

darrellmeyer
3 Sep 2008, 12:07 PM
Alpha4 is available and is compiled with GWT 1.5.2. GWT 1.5.2 is required.

http://extjs.com/deploy/gxt-1.1-alpha4.zip

Please posts any help requests or bugs in the appropriate forums, not in this thread.

posta07
3 Sep 2008, 2:58 PM
not that big of a deal, but when updating from svn, the build output is put into "alpha3" folder and not "alpha4" as expected....

mike07
4 Sep 2008, 12:43 AM
In grid, if you create a column with an ID who contains a space like:

new ColumnConfig("ID WITH SPACE", "COLUMN_NAME", 80);
the method GridView.handleHdOver(Event e) fails because she searches for "ID" (instead of "ID WITH SPACE")

Thank you for this new version.

eugenparaschiv
4 Sep 2008, 1:00 AM
In Component, the setLayoutData is protected, so it's not directly exposed, but then in ComponentHelper, the setLayoutData does exactly that: it exposes (publishes) the method; I don't see the point in making the method protected if later the client still gets access to it.
The only justification for this would be to keep the contract of the Component as simple as possible, as the class is very high in the hierarchy. But then if the client has to go around and use another class...
A balance can be reached by doing this: making method protected in a base class and giving the client access to them through a helper class, but this should be done with consistency, meaning that ComponentHelper should be renamed so that it reflects the class it is tied to and the functionality it exposes. This could result in a few more helper classes, but nothing outlandish. As the API evolves, this approach (if well documented) does have an advantage.
These are just some ideas to throw around. I may be wrong, as I'm sure that the API builders have though a lot about about access patterns. Any thoughts?

Jeria
4 Sep 2008, 2:37 AM
Is there any change log for the alpha 4 release? Would be interesting to see what changed from release to release.

kaka1323
4 Sep 2008, 2:45 AM
Hi,Darrell.

GXT is a great work.

Now,the GXT window works in Rootpanel,but many time we want the window works in any layoutContainer,it can fix many bugs about window in desktopApp,how can I do it?

DesktopApp bugs:

bug 1:

step1-open a window(click the shortcut or select from start menu)

step2-Minimize the window

step3-restore the window

step4-close the window

step5-open a window(click the shortcut or select from start menu)

now the bug is appear

bug 2:drag window bug

If the window is maximize,the window can't be dragged,but now it can be dragged.

Thanks.

eugenparaschiv
4 Sep 2008, 6:13 AM
Since the Portal API is still in development from version to version, I'm going to make a small suggestion:
grid.getNumColumns()
- how could there not be a way to do this? the method was obviously forgotten, and should belong to the API no questions asked. I know it's a small thing, but still. Plus, it takes like 3 seconds to add.
Cheers.
Eugen.

posta07
4 Sep 2008, 6:19 AM
Since the Grid API is still in development from version to version, I'm going to make a small suggestion:
grid.getNumColumns()

have you tried grid.getColumnModel().getColumnCount()?

eugenparaschiv
4 Sep 2008, 6:38 AM
Sorry for the confusion. I meant Portal not Grid. It seems that I have grown accustomed to complain about Grid, and I typed it without thinking. I edited my previous post as well. So, the complaint was about Portal.

denissp
5 Sep 2008, 12:52 AM
Hi

Can you make findRowIndex in GridView as public.
It will be very helpful in creation plugins for grid component.

Thank you.

rage
9 Sep 2008, 8:15 AM
- Please go to the portal demo http://extjs.com/playpen/gxt/portal/
- Move from second column portlet: "Another Panel2" to third column
- Move from first column portlet: "Grid in a portlet"
- Press and release button on "Another Panel 1" from column 1

It should move "Another Panel 1" to third column and third row

rage
9 Sep 2008, 8:19 AM
I think should be possible after dragging portlet to some location different then startup, back to startup position also.

Perfetly dragging portlet should affect scrollbar if we are talking about a lot of portlets in portal.

Not sure if scenario when we what add click listener for portlet header it can cooexists with portlet's drag&drop somehow.

devdev
9 Sep 2008, 11:21 PM
Hi,

Where can I find source code of Ext GWT grid examples ?

Thanks

eugenparaschiv
9 Sep 2008, 11:33 PM
You can find the sources in the Explorer code inside the samples directory (in the GXT download)

leqvan
10 Sep 2008, 12:56 AM
Anyone show me how to set spacing between portlet??? I couldn't find code of Portal example.

rage
13 Sep 2008, 3:01 AM
Please create SimpleComboBox<Integer> and add to Window.
Show the window.
Click on trigger button and try to select some value.

You shouldn't. I think it's a bug.

drz
15 Sep 2008, 12:47 AM
Further timeline for 1.1?
When can we expect a release? ~o)

itmean
16 Sep 2008, 2:02 AM
Please share new GXT 1.1 alpha build....

mmm
16 Sep 2008, 3:29 AM
Hi!
When I try to add Desktop by calling:

Desktop desktop = new Desktop();I get an exception like this:

[ERROR] Unable to load module entry point class myPackage.client.Test (see associated exception for details)
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (Error): Incorrect Pointer.

number: -2147467261
description: Incorrect Pointer.

at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Node$.appendChild$(Native Method)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.core.El.appendChild(El.java:252)
at com.extjs.gxt.desktop.client.Desktop$1.onRender(Desktop.java:51)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Component.render(Component.java:781)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Layout.renderComponent(Layout.java:182)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Layout.renderAll(Layout.java:173)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Layout.onLayout(Layout.java:165)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.layout.RowLayout.onLayout(RowLayout.java:200)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Layout.layout(Layout.java:69)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Container.doLayout(Container.java:251)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Container.layout(Container.java:338)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.LayoutContainer.layout(LayoutContainer.java:236)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Container.onAttach(Container.java:345)
at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Viewport.onAttach(Viewport.java:73)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget.setParent(Widget.java:231)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Panel.adopt(Panel.java:119)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ComplexPanel.add(ComplexPanel.java:86)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.AbsolutePanel.add(AbsolutePanel.java:80)
at com.extjs.gxt.desktop.client.Desktop.<init>(Desktop.java:66)
at myPackage.client.Test.onModuleLoad(Test.java:18)

Any solution?

Regards

Cypher
16 Sep 2008, 9:58 AM
Hi, I tested GXT 1.1-alpha4 "Explorer" demo app and it looks like ThemeSelector doesn't work - I tried IE6, FF2 and Google Chrome 0.2 with the same results.

Also the splash screen of "Explorer" demo web app says "Ext GWT 1.1-alpha3" even though I tested 1.1-alpha4.

Please can you fix the ThemeSelector?

Thanks!

darrellmeyer
16 Sep 2008, 10:23 AM
Try http://extjs.com/explorer-dev for the latest explorer code.

Cypher
16 Sep 2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks, Darrell, that Explorer works better, at least the ThemeSelector works there.

I created my own little app with ThemeSelector and compiled it with GWT 1.5.2/ExtGWT 1.1-alpha4 and I found out that when I click on arrow icon in ThemeSelector then I cannot select the item in the list box. But when I click on combo box part of ThemeSelector then I can select the theme and it actually works fine (IE6).

zsumore
17 Sep 2008, 4:49 PM
when will 1.1 alpha 5 available?

darrellmeyer
17 Sep 2008, 9:51 PM
1.1 has been released.

rage
10 Oct 2008, 10:38 AM
Hi,

I'm wondering if GXT team plane to add to 1.1.x or 1.2 the auto scroll support for drag and drop specially in portal? Will be nice if user will have an opportunity to move portlet if the portal is huge and out of screen.