PDA

View Full Version : Table vs Grid

jpnet
29 Aug 2008, 12:49 PM
What is the difference between the GXT Table and the GXT Grid? Is Grid just an advanced Table? I've used the JS ExtJS Grid quite a bit, what is analogous JS component to GXT Table?

Thanks,

JP

gslender
30 Aug 2008, 4:56 AM
Table is where GXT came from ie myGWT. Grid is the ExtJS component and had more advanced rendering features (ie grouping, editing etc). I would expect that Table would become deprecated in future releases, but that is just my guess.

Kango_V
3 Sep 2008, 2:25 PM
Are there any speed differences between the two. We are seeing slow resize performance when we have aound 400 or so rows. Any advice?

posta07
3 Sep 2008, 2:36 PM
Are there any speed differences between the two.

Darrell can better identify "why" the following is so, but I believe the Grid widget is supposed to perform much better than the table widget.

In practice, I have seen this to be the case.

Grandiosa
4 Sep 2008, 11:26 PM
I haven't tested the gridstuff yet but I assume that with all the baggage that each table row carries to support various fancy table operations you will most certainly hit the wall after a few hundreds rows in a table.

A good solution is to use paged tables with filters on the top which enables the users to navigate them fast. Additionally, if you don't have too much of multiuser/concurrency issues while working on your tabledata you can always use a memoryproxy for your paging datastore. After the data has been loaded from the backend the paging of a few thousand rows from memory works pretty fast.