PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] modal window position problem

Martin.Trummer
1 Sep 2008, 11:24 PM
when call window.show() an a modal window, the window will be centered.
This is a problem, when the modal window is bigger than the browser window, because then the user cannot click the close icon on the right top of the window any longer.
And then there is no way to close this window again.
Would it make sense to enhance the Window() class, so that its top can never be higher than the top of the browser window?

From the source-code of Window, I see that the ESC key is supposed to close the window if it is clicked, but it doesn't in my case - any ideas why this could happen?

note: this is the original thread: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=217424

darrellmeyer
2 Sep 2008, 11:05 AM
The windows top / left position is now constrained to the viewport and the escape key now is detected. Fixes are in SVN.

Rahul Yadav
14 Nov 2008, 3:53 AM
Hi
i am also same problem, i want to Reset my windows position to center of the Viewport()
i tried Window.center(). Before show event of window it works fine. but when i try to open the window on button click which on bottom of the screen then the window is not showing in center of viewport, request you to help if u have solution please share it with me

darrellmeyer
14 Nov 2008, 6:23 AM
Please post some sample code.