PDA

View Full Version : Grid related stuff - feature requests

eugenparaschiv
2 Sep 2008, 1:42 AM
Ok, CSS may be great to go the more advanced visual details, but still, it would be good to provide some simple methods in Grid, with the following functionality:
- word wrap in cells (setWordWrap(boolean))
- selectable text in cells (setTextSelectable(boolean))

and perhaps others. This would NOT encumber the class to much, as there are only a handful of methods to solve the most common things we are trying to do with grid; for the rest, CSS is fine, but even that must be documented. Any thought? It seems the I'm right on this, because the EXT JS forums (they have had grid for a long time) are bursting with questions about grid, and this is evidently what will happen here if more work is not done on grid.

yopiyop
2 Sep 2008, 9:59 AM
-a global grid edit mode (grid.setEditable(boolean editable))

sean.mcrae
5 Sep 2008, 10:49 AM
A way to make certain columns editable/non0editable:

- Grid.setColumnEditable(int index, boolean editable)

or

- ColumnConfig.setEditable(boolean editable)

While you can do this by not specifying an editor for the ColumnConfig it would be nice to be able to toggle editing for a column on/off.

eugenparaschiv
30 Sep 2008, 11:59 PM
Any more feature requests? And answers to any of these? Thanks.

yopiyop
2 Oct 2008, 12:59 AM
Grid column styles

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48743&highlight=column+style

eugenparaschiv
2 Oct 2008, 2:19 AM
Yeah, that too, and possibly other convenience methods. Another good thing would be a Grid Tutorial, or at least a FAQ (like the one on the EXT JS forums), so that all the info in the Forums is compiled in one place)

mwojciechowski
9 Oct 2008, 12:14 AM
Possibility to add Button into a grid (it is possible to do so in table, but in grid it is extremely painful and even if it is finally rendered I can not set proper CSS style). EDIT: I mean to put Button in the cell! Not in the toolBar or something...