PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal menu (Menubar) ported from 1.0

Animal
13 Sep 2008, 5:19 AM
Not exhaustively tested, but works OK on FF.

Unzip into examples/menu:

galdaka
13 Sep 2008, 5:40 AM
Not exhaustively tested, but works OK on FF.

Unzip into examples/menu:

And in IE6.

Thanks Animal!!

Live example: http://www.jadacosta.es/extjs/examples/menu/Menubar.html

Greetings,

jay@moduscreate.com
14 Sep 2008, 9:32 AM
Good work dude. Great response to the folks who've been asking for this.

Scorpie
15 Sep 2008, 2:23 AM
O wow, I was looking for this!

wm003
15 Sep 2008, 11:04 PM
:-? just to be curious: What makes this different compared to the existing Ext.Toolbar ?

Animal
15 Sep 2008, 11:59 PM
It works like a Menu, and looks like a Menu.

Notice that once you activate a submenu, then mousing over another top level item on the toolbar activates that item's submenu. That is expected menu behaviour. The Toolbar doesn't do this, and the Toolbar doesn't look like a Menu.

wm003
16 Sep 2008, 12:14 AM
It works like a Menu, and looks like a Menu.

Notice that once you activate a submenu, then mousing over another top level item on the toolbar activates that item's submenu. That is expected menu behaviour. The Toolbar doesn't do this, and the Toolbar doesn't look like a Menu.
:)I see. So what about removing the down-arrows (usually not visible in desktop apps) and support of fadein/fadeout of submenus? maybe support of keynav for underlined shortcut-keys (e.g. "File Edit View" in menuline / "Load a file...CTRL+O" in submenu entry) ... Just a suggestion.

And it should be possible for at least panels/windows to have your menubar AND a toolbar aswell. But i guess this needs much of overrides on the ext-core, doesn't it?

KRavEN
7 May 2009, 6:41 AM
Trying to get this working again with Ext3. Getting el.ownerDocument is undefined at ext-all-debug.js line 156.

This happens during the render call at line 67 of Menubar.js.

I'm testing by dropping the attached zip file into the Ext3 examples folder.

jay@moduscreate.com
7 May 2009, 7:29 AM
Ext 3.0's toolbar has changed significantlly. So nige would have to port the changes over.

newedge
4 Jun 2009, 10:40 PM
Ext 3.0's toolbar has changed significantlly. So nige would have to port the changes over.

So this feature of submenus is still not supported in 3.0?

KRavEN
5 Jun 2009, 5:14 AM
No, in it's current state it will not work with Ext3. Animal or someone else will need to port it over to 3.0. I haven't had the time to investigate it any further so I'm just staying with 2.2 for now.

Ahava
2 Jul 2009, 7:10 AM
Hello, thank you a lot for this portage !

I have a small bug :

When making a mask on the viewport containing this menu bar (like opening a messageBox), in Firefox the menu bar stays at the top and is not masked.

As foreseen it is working in IE6.

Looks like the menu has a greater z-index, but only on Firefox (3.0.11)... Weird :">

Thank you for your help :)

Ahava
3 Jul 2009, 2:19 AM
Reply for others to my question :

div.x-menu.x-menubar {
background:#F0F0F0!important;
position:relative;
z-index:1; // adding a z-index resolved the firefox issue
}

Ahava
11 Aug 2009, 12:48 AM
I wonder if someone port it to Ext 3.0 ? :">

sksoft
16 Sep 2009, 5:35 AM
We need it under Ext 3.0 too! Please, Animal, or someone else, look at it!

xbboys
16 Aug 2010, 11:05 PM
Has this been ported to Ext 3.0? I tried switching to 3.0 and everything just fell apart. Please help to port this over so that everyone can use...