PDA

View Full Version : ComboBox with CRUD functionalities

nescha
3 Nov 2008, 4:19 AM
My project need some advanced ComboBox component that will implement full CRUD functionality with itself:
To have Edit/Delete icons beside each item in combo (Edit should trigger inline edit of the item in combo)
To have one special item (i.e. text box with add icon) for adding new item in combo
To have all other combo box optionsBefore we start implementing something like this, please let me know if there is some similar component (because I couldn't find anything similar so far), or maybe if someone has a plan to implement something like that.
Also, I would appreciate if anybody can give me some hints about obstacles for implementing such component.

This component can be useful in many common situations where there is a need for some well structured, but simple data, which shouldn't have some complicated GUI (i.e. custom employee role in company).

jsakalos
4 Nov 2008, 1:26 AM
Good idea! I would also find a use for such component. I have never seen such ux so far and I think that you could get better response if you posted your question in Extensions forum (non-premium users cannot post here). Do you want me to move the thread?

nescha
4 Nov 2008, 2:10 AM
Good idea! I would also find a use for such component. I have never seen such ux so far and I think that you could get better response if you posted your question in Extensions forum (non-premium users cannot post here). Do you want me to move the thread?

Sure, it will be better response there probably.

jsakalos
4 Nov 2008, 8:43 AM
OK, moving thread to Extensions...

Frenky
14 Dec 2008, 6:44 PM
how can I find this thread , someone help?