PDA

View Full Version : Ext.ux.uploader.* package - includes adapters for gears and html.

fabrizim
24 Nov 2008, 2:15 PM
Hi All-

I needed to replace a panel I wrote that used swfupload since the changes that came with Flash 10. I decided to use Google Gears but wanted to ensure that users without Gears installed would be able to use the component without problems. After a few revisions, I ended up with an adapter type system that implements a couple abstract classes to create a standardized uploading system.

As of now, I have implemented gears and html (just a standard input type=file button). I might try to add an adapter for SWF uploads.

Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/ext-ux-uploader/
Demo Page: http://owlwatch.com/examples/extjs/ux/uploader/trunk/samples/index.php

Things I found out while developing:

Gear's ResourceStore object lets you store files that you access via the openFiles method and access them with an ad-hoc url. Check the sample for the "Gears Window with Image Preview".

Watch out for mod_security when using the Gear's upload technique. Right now, you can only submit a file as a blob stream via postData. That means that if you have mod_security enabled as part of your Apache setup, it will try to parse all of that data - which can bring your CPU to its knees for large chunks of data.

Anyway, If anyone wants to contribute any code or documentation, let me know.

Regards-
Mark

temporary
2 Dec 2008, 4:16 PM
Hmmm nice!

An adapter for SWFUploader would be nice.

Is it possible with Gears upload to queue several files simultaneous, like with SWFUploader?

fabrizim
2 Dec 2008, 4:25 PM
You can queue as many files as you want. Files can be simultaneously uploaded. This is an option with the maxRequests option. The "Gears Panel" in the demo has that option set to 4 and the "Gears Window" has the option set it to 2. You should be able to test the uploads and see how multiple files upload simultaneously.

Best Regards-
Mark

temporary
3 Dec 2008, 11:01 AM
No, I mean, can I select serveral files simultaneously? With SWFUpload, in the file dialog, I can select not only one file, but whatever I like, 10, 20, 100.
Is this possible?

fabrizim
3 Dec 2008, 11:14 AM
Yes - if you have gears installed, you should be able to see this functionality in the sample.