PDA

View Full Version : Saki's Extensions and Plugins Documentation

jsakalos
13 Feb 2009, 12:56 AM
Hi,

I've just launched docs page (http://extjs.eu/docs) of my extensions and plugins. It's first version, not fully polished so all your input is welcome.

Enjoy!

andycramb
13 Feb 2009, 6:42 AM
The look and feel is almost becoming a UI document standard
I really like the treepanel and main content panel with the tabs layout

I also like the fact that the methods now link to further information although I chose the IconComo method from the Ext.ux.form.IconCombo class and it took me to the source code for the Ext.ux.util.MD5 function. I guess work in progress
I like the fact that the source code is colour coded as well - that I like

My preference would be to keep the souce code within the UI and not open a new browser tab or a new window(IE6)
I think I would like to see it open a new tab or preferrably open a new panel that is pinned to the right side of the UI initially.It would be interesting to see how that would work.
It would also be nice to pull the examples in to an Ext.window above the docs UI and not in to a new browser window. Anyway I will take my UX hat off now

I have read a lot of your posts and learned a lot from your examples so I would like to thank you for this work as its been a great help to me

Brendan Carroll
13 Feb 2009, 6:47 AM
Very nice. As always, well done.

jay@moduscreate.com
13 Feb 2009, 7:07 AM
Saki, please create downloadable package for your customers, as they might want to see this offline :)

jsakalos
13 Feb 2009, 8:23 AM
Thank you all for you inputs so far, it will gradually improve also with your help. :) :) :)

jay@moduscreate.com
13 Feb 2009, 8:24 AM
thank you for all of you contributions dude. you help a lot of people!!

galdaka
13 Feb 2009, 1:46 PM
Awesome!! =D> as always!!

Thanks!

dolittle
13 Feb 2009, 3:17 PM
There are at least two commuinty scripts for generating ext docs.
Can you please tell us which one you choose and why?

jsakalos
13 Feb 2009, 3:33 PM
I know about one: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55214 What's the other?

dolittle
13 Feb 2009, 4:09 PM
It looks like this is a separate one:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23347

mjlecomte
13 Feb 2009, 4:15 PM
There are at least two commuinty scripts for generating ext docs.
Can you please tell us which one you choose and why?

IMO oxymoron's is more complete. There are some things that don't work with the original version. It also has several features that the original does not have.

Your question is probably better suited to be posed in that thread where anyone subscribed to that thread can give you their experience, Saki and I are both in that thread for example. But the author of that thread is not monitoring this thread. Not to mention it's border line hijacking this thread.

So my suggestion would be for you to continue any remaining discussion in oxymoron's thread.

Scorpie
16 Feb 2009, 3:38 AM
Awesome work as always Saki, I found a typo in the title, it says documnetation instead of documentation.

jsakalos
16 Feb 2009, 3:49 AM
Thanks, corrected.