PDA

View Full Version : BasicDialog problem with Firefox

chris
13 Nov 2006, 4:44 PM
In Firefox (version 1.5.0.7 and 2.0) when two BasicDialogs are open, only one is actually draggable (even when modal for both is set to false and draggable is set to true).

You can see an example here: http://www.wayki.com. If you open it in Firefox and enable the Coordinates dialog (use the Window menu at the top to do this) you'll see that one of the BasicDialogs can be dragged around while the other is locked in place. I just tried Safari as well, and it seems to have the same issue.

IE6 seems to deal with it just fine, as does IE7.

jack.slocum
13 Nov 2006, 6:31 PM
First off, your app is very sharp looking. I like it.

I tried to dig around to look at the code to see what is happening, but there's too much code for me to quickly digest. If you haven't already tried it, try giving each dialog header element a unique id.

Let me know if this fixes it for you.

Jack

chris
14 Nov 2006, 4:28 PM
Thanks! And thank you for the sharp looking BasicDialog. It works with our app perfectly.

I tried to give the headers for each BasicDialog a unique ID and still have the issue. Also, it seems that the BasicDialog that appears last in the HTML hierarchy is the one that can be moved. Any BasicDialogs that appear before the last one can't be moved around.

Anyway, I cleaned up the JS a little bit to create an example here:

BasicDialog Example (http://www.wayki.com/assets/BasicDialog/example.html)

That one should be a little more readable :)

edit: I just realized that I took the example offline for a while... sorry about that... it should be back up shortly :shock:

chris
18 Nov 2006, 11:40 AM
Just wanted to add a followup: it's all my fault. I was using an older version of the yui scripts; replacing with the newest version fixed the issue.

On the topic of BasicDialog however, I have another question/issue. Since I'm using the BasicDialog as a moveable window, is there a way to automatically set a z-index for the BasicDialog such that the last BasicDialog clicked on/used will appear above any other instances of a BasicDialog? Right now it seems that the last BasicDialog to appear in HTML takes precedence over all of the other BasicDialog instances.

jack.slocum
18 Nov 2006, 12:21 PM
That's good to know. I was wondering what happened to you. ;)

The only way currently is by manually setting/tracking the z-index. It wouldn't be fun! This is where some kind of dialog manager others have requested would definitely be useful.

I will make this an action item for .34. Enough people have requested it. In the meantime, if you do come up with a hack, please share. :)