PDA

View Full Version : EXT GWT: Supported communication methods with a non-java server

siva.sajja
23 Feb 2009, 2:54 AM
Hi

I am looking for direct GXT support on form submissions to a non-java server(like JSON over HTTP/XML over HTTP). What are the different communication methods supported ? I looked for relevant documentation/samples but couln't find a reference. Please point me to any documentation/samples available.

I have tried few examples on GXT form binding.

What is the recommended way of handling server side validation of input fields in a form ?
Are there any utilities in GXT that support marshalling/unmarshalling BeanModels to JSON and viceversa ?

Thanks,
Siva

posta07
25 Feb 2009, 5:25 AM
Become more familiar with the com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.data package in the GXT javadocs.
Additionally, become familiar with the com.google.gwt.http.client package in the GWT javadocs.

GXT does provide some client-side Json support (com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.data.JsonReader). As GWT/GXT is a client side technology that uses basic HTTP/html/javascript, you can be assured that anything you can do with javascript on the client side (and its counterpart on the server side, regardless of technology) can be done with GWT.