PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] [1.2.3] Funny ComboBox in EditorGrid

gte619n
6 Mar 2009, 8:57 AM
WOOOOO!! I was finally able to create a test case to reproduce my horizontal scrolling issue!

Platform: Windows XP
GWT 1.5.2
GXT 1.2.3

So basically, in IE Hosted Mode, the drop down works like you'd expect; however, in FireFox 3.0.7, the first line of the dropdown is obscured by a nasty horizontal scroll bar. Obviously, this makes it impossible to select the first component.

I've played around with various sizing options (increasing the width, enabling autoExpandColumn) and I constantly get the same horizontal scroll bar.

I've attached a pair of screen shots and an entry point class that can demonstrate the issue. (Note: Workbench.txt is actually Workbench.java)

Thanks!

Evan

sven
6 Mar 2009, 9:02 AM
Your code is a mess. You are not setting sizes nor using layouts. I just close this as it is defintly no bug in gxt.

gte619n
6 Mar 2009, 9:07 AM
Sven,

Sorry if the code is a little messy. I was attempting to pull everything into a single file for the stand alone test case.

I'm unclear as to the difference in behavior. It works 100% in IE-hosted but has the horizontal scrolling issue in Firefox.

I will change the code to use the LayoutManager, but even with the layout manager in my actual application this issue was persistent.

sven
6 Mar 2009, 9:15 AM
Also make sure you are using the styles from 1.2.3. I am unable to reproce this. Also the explorer isnt showing this and has the same layout (grid inside a tabitem)

gte619n
6 Mar 2009, 9:29 AM
Sven, Here's an updated file that uses the same layout methodology as the Examples sample code. Also, I've posted my HTML file. I'm using the CSS file right out of the 1.2.3 JAR.

sven
6 Mar 2009, 10:15 AM
I tested exactly this code again and there is no issue on FF using 1.2.3 with latest styles and no overrides. There has to be something more in place on your side.

gte619n
6 Mar 2009, 10:47 AM
Hey Sven,

When I built my example I actually created a fresh GWT project to contain it. My classpath has gxt.jar (1.2.3), gwt-user and gwt-servlet (1.5.2) and the JDK 1.5.0_15. There doesn't appear to be anything funny in there that could be overloading or messing with the CSS.

So, I went and looked at the explorer demo and tried to duplicate that exactly and I was STILL getting the dropdown error as well. After going through it though, I noticed that it was using a DIFFERENT DOCTYPE!

Switching to:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

Quirksmode fixes the problem. AH!

Thanks for your help Sven!