PDA

View Full Version : Proof of concept, separate scrollbars for a HTMLElement

MaximGB
10 Mar 2009, 11:03 AM
Hello,

I've made some tests with seperate scrollbars for a HTML element, later I would like to create a separate scroller component, but now it's just a proof of concept. Can someone please test it in their browsers and report me about bugs/errors occured?

The example is here: http://www.max-bazhenov.com/dev/ux.maximgb.scroller/index.html

I need to know if it scrolls at all and if scrollers update their state properly in case of scrollable resize.

Here is the screenshot what you should see.

crp_spaeth
10 Mar 2009, 12:03 PM
Seems to work fine under Mac/FF3 and Mac/Safari 4 Beta

elnove
10 Mar 2009, 12:30 PM
works fine on IE7, nice POC
where and why the idea came from ?

MaximGB
10 Mar 2009, 1:06 PM
I just need to scroll two panels using one scroller, so I decided that I need an external scroller component.

mjlecomte
10 Mar 2009, 6:14 PM
A couple of screenshots from you might help you, I don't know what you are seeing and I might post something more if I know I'm seeing differently. Anyway, I see one html element with horizontal and vertical scrollers. I noticed that the vertical scroller works on drag, but the up down arrow triggers do not appear to work on IE7. For FF3.07, I do not see ANY scrollers, neither scroller rendered at all.

mystix
10 Mar 2009, 6:20 PM
Anyway, I see one html element with horizontal and vertical scrollers. I noticed that the vertical scroller works on drag, but the up down arrow triggers do not appear to work on IE7. For FF3.07, I do not see ANY scrollers, neither scroller rendered at all.

same here. no scrollbars.

MaximGB
10 Mar 2009, 8:42 PM
I've added the screenshot
mystix, mjlecomte
Could you check it again, I've think I've fixed the issue.

cocinerox
11 Mar 2009, 2:51 AM
Hi, it works fine in Opera 9.64/Win XP SP3.

mjlecomte
11 Mar 2009, 3:53 AM
Sorry, no change here. I did clear cache also. Curious how the other poster had no problems. WinXP OS here.

Remy
11 Mar 2009, 4:14 AM
FF 3.07 and Win Vista, scrollbars render but do not appear to work (either drag or arrow click).

On resizing the field the vertical scroll momentarily has a "marquee" round it as though it's rendering itself.

mystix
11 Mar 2009, 5:16 AM
my previous test was performed using FF3.0.7 on WinXP SP3. not at that machine now so i can't test the update using that.

i've just tested the updated example on FF3.0.7 OSX, and scrolling via the scrollbars works fine (i'm able to see whatever's in the screenshot). resizing though goes screwy after just one resize, be it vertically or horizontally.

Brendan Carroll
11 Mar 2009, 6:05 AM
Nice one. Works ok in Chrome 1.0.154.48. Looks like across the board, scrollers don't size to/with panel.

soze
12 Mar 2009, 11:15 PM
It works in Chrome fine but I should add it took a REALLY long time to load the scroll bars when it was initially opened and the resizers did not appear at all. On a 2nd load however, it came up straight away with the resizers.