PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED][3.0rc1] empty TabPanel's tab strip is "minimized" / height change unhandled

KampfCaspar
22 Apr 2009, 12:46 AM
As it is now, an empty TabPanel's tab strip does not occupy the height it does after adding elements.

The height change of the tab strip (after adding a child) "moves" the TabPanel's body out of the layout.

Either the body should get resized or (IMHO better) an empty tab strip should not be "minimized".

The latter would allow tabs with iconCls but without title.

Alternatively, the spec could be changed to indicate that TabPanel children MUST have a title while TabPanels MUST NOT be empty.

tobiu
22 Apr 2009, 1:51 AM
i would love to see an optional way:

like a config-attribute

hideTabStripOnEmpty: [boolean]

kind regards, tobiu

aconran
28 May 2009, 6:19 AM
@KampfCaspar
TabPanel's expect to have children with titles.

@tobiu
If you are looking for a container which only a single item is visible at a time and does not have a tabstrip you're looking for a card layout.

KampfCaspar
23 Jun 2009, 12:01 AM
Is expected... but those children might be inserted AFTER rendering. As it is now, at least one child is mandatory at the time of creation.

mjlecomte
23 Jun 2009, 5:52 AM
There does not appear to be a bug here, so I'm going to update the status of this thread to CLOSED. If anything you appear to have a Feature Request of some nature or maybe asking for Help how to handle your situation.

farracha
7 Oct 2009, 9:06 AM
I understand the behaviour.

But I have the same problem. I want tabs without title but only with icons. And the tab header his cut-off by half because there is no title. :(

Condor
7 Oct 2009, 10:48 AM
This is a duplicate of this report (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74302) (which is still [OPEN] and contains a suggested patch).

Animal
7 Oct 2009, 11:02 PM
I can't believe they haven't fixed it! People keep hitting this one.

farracha
8 Oct 2009, 12:20 AM
Didn't catch that thread opened on my search. But after reading it, I think my problem is not exactly the same that is reported on that thread.

They mention TabPanels without tabs and have difficulties without any tabs or removing the last one.

I do have tabs, and I have the first one with title, but the next five I want with icons only, without text. And the behavior is that specific tabs with icons have the tab header cut by half! Even if I give an empty title (title:' ') It doesn't work.
Any workaround that is on that thread that I didn't get it?

Condor
8 Oct 2009, 12:23 AM
Does setting the title to ' ' work?

farracha
8 Oct 2009, 12:33 AM
Ok. I get it working.

I applied the override to the TabPanel, but no effect was visible. But after I set the height and width for the icon on TabPanel, It worked like a charm ;)
And If I remove the override It works too. After all my problem was not setting the height and width for the icon on the tab.

farracha
8 Oct 2009, 12:40 AM
Hi Condor,

And yes you're right. I removed the height and width of the icon and placed '& #160;' in the title and worked.

Problem solved :)

Thanks for the quick response.