PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED][3.??] Line Chart/Collapsible Panel Error

dorgan
22 Apr 2009, 7:46 AM
Having a line chart inside of a panel collapsing, then expanding the panel produces the following error:

this.swf.setDataProvider is not a function
Ext.DomHelper=function(){var w=null,l=/^...(Ext.History,new Ext.util.Observable());

evant
22 Apr 2009, 9:47 AM
Which browser? Doesn't happen on FF3/IE8.

dorgan
22 Apr 2009, 10:19 AM
Firefox 3.08

If you collapse, then expand then expand the panel you get that error.

jfvwi
25 Apr 2009, 11:54 PM
Works fine on Mac in Safari 3.0/4.0, Firefox... Windows - breaks in IE7 and Firefox with that error in Firebug and the chart is blank.

Update: it's actually inconsistent - out of just reloading the page 10 times 8 times it won't load the Flash chart - typical IE nonsense...

fzammetti
12 May 2009, 5:53 AM
I'm seeing this issue as well... extremely inconsistent... extremely annoying :)

jroca
25 May 2009, 1:56 PM
does any one found a solution? i delete the cache and historical from ie 7 and show the chart, please help exist something like on load delete historical without client permission?

fzammetti
25 May 2009, 2:14 PM
I never did find a solution, and since there was no activity on this thread I assume no one else has either (or maybe no one else is seeing this). I in fact had to put a disclaimer at the beginning of the chapter in my book with the code where this happens saying that the reader should probably not try the code in IE... I hate to have to do that, and it's the only code that isn't cross-browser in the book, but I had to meet my deadlines and I thought this was the best answer... hopefully at some point there's a better answer and I can post an errata.

FYI, I see this in IE8, and it's every single time. I've tried making sure the Panel is initially visible and everything else I can think of. In fact, I rewrote the code so that it is recreating the Chart every single time, which at least in FF made it work all the time (previously it was sporadically not working in FF). That's about as much progress as I was able to make on it.

evant
25 May 2009, 2:24 PM
There are several issues with charts we need to look at before the 3.x release.

jroca
25 May 2009, 2:48 PM
i found the solution, on the chart settings
url: '../charts.swf?nocache=' + Math.floor(Math.random()*10000),

In this way IE doesn't cache the file and always load the data.

mjlecomte
25 Jun 2009, 12:12 PM
There have been updates committed to svn that are chart related. I do not see an issue when checking the code below against svn rev 4559.

Changing the status of this thread to FIXED.