PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: specify font style at ygrid-row level instead

jarrod
15 Nov 2006, 10:59 PM
Not a bug, but a suggestion...

Instead of specifying the font style in ygrid-cell-text and ygrid-col, I think it allows for more flexibility if font style is specified at ygrid-row instead.

I was trying to render certain grid rows with font-weight:bold, by overriding font-weight to 'inherit' for ygrid-cell-text and ygrid-col. Worked fine on firefox, but not in IE6 - gave up and modified grid.css to above suggestion.

jack.slocum
16 Nov 2006, 3:18 AM
That's a good suggestion and I made the change. The reason it was on the cell/cell-text was because originally the grid used a table and it had to be defined there.

Thanks.

jarrod
24 Nov 2006, 4:47 AM
Noticed that this change is not in the grid.css on svn?

jack.slocum
24 Nov 2006, 6:16 AM
Arg, it appears to have been rolled back? I don't know where it went. I will do it again.

jack.slocum
24 Nov 2006, 6:17 AM
Ok it's in. I wonder where in the hell it went.

jarrod
24 Nov 2006, 8:13 AM
Thanks, should remove the font style from ".ygrid-col, .ygrid-hd" too... line 23.

jack.slocum
24 Nov 2006, 8:43 AM
I knew there was something I was missing. :)

jarrod
24 Nov 2006, 10:39 AM
Since we're on the topic of css... just curious, does your reset-min.css differ from the one in yui?

Btw, not sure if there are anyone else who uses fieldset to get the default rounded corners border in IE.
Note that because border is set to none in reset-min.css, it will break IE's default fieldset border - and there seems to be no way to set it back once the border style has been declared.

Thus, each time I refresh reset-min.css, I'll manually remove fieldset's border style from the css.
Just thought it might be good to leave fieldset border alone in yui-ext's reset-min.css... :)

jack.slocum
24 Nov 2006, 11:25 AM
I think you can set border:auto or something like that. Mine is slightly different, but I don't know remember what the difference is. I can look if you want. I can also remove the fieldset border removal.

jarrod
24 Nov 2006, 8:24 PM
Oh, it's ok, no need to go check to see the differences - was just curious to know if it was the standard one provided by yui.

But will be great if the fieldset border removal could be removed, thanks!