PDA

View Full Version : GXT 2.0 Prerelease Sale?

jpnet
28 Apr 2009, 2:23 PM
When does the GXT 2.0 Prerelease sale end?

-JP

sven
28 Apr 2009, 2:26 PM
For a limited time during the 2.0 RC period, all Ext GWT commercial licenses are 20% off the standard price (applied to bundles as well). This sale will end as soon as Ext GWT 2.0 final is released.

http://www.extjs.com/store/gxt/

jpnet
28 Apr 2009, 2:33 PM
I read that. It's still ambiguous though. Will GXT 2.0 final be released next week or realistically in like two months?

I need to get approval for a purchase, and with the economy the way it is, these things need to travel up the chain. So I need to know if I should attach an "urgent" to my request?

Can you provide any additional insight other than "when GXT 2.0 is released" ?

-JP

jpnet
29 Apr 2009, 6:13 AM
Sven, any additional comments?

-JP

darrellmeyer
29 Apr 2009, 6:22 AM
We are targeting the next 4-6 weeks for 2.0 final.

jpnet
29 Apr 2009, 6:24 AM
Thanks!

-JP

Colin Alworth
15 Jun 2009, 6:46 AM
We are targeting the next 4-6 weeks for 2.0 final.
Six weeks from your post is right about now, and while I see that M3 has been released, that isn't quite the same thing. Can we get an updated estimate? We joined as premium members under the impression that this release would be Q1, and waited when we found that the update was revised to this week, but we have our own release schedule to make...

Thanks for any information you can share.

kht
15 Jun 2009, 6:56 AM
hi gxt team!

i bought a commercial license yesterday using the presale offer.
but i did not get any email notification / password or whatever.
what are the next steps?
how to get access to svn?

thanks,
regards, kht

sven
15 Jun 2009, 6:58 AM
A commercial license does not include svn access. SVN access is permited with a supportsubscription.

darrellmeyer
15 Jun 2009, 7:35 AM
When we say "we are targeting 4-6 weeks" this is a goal and not a date set in stone. For our 2.0 release we want to make sure its a solid release. Unfortunately, this has caused us to push out our target date. The target date is now 1 July and we are confident we will meet the date.

Colin Alworth
16 Jun 2009, 9:20 AM
Excellent - thanks for all the hard work!

The_Jackal
16 Jun 2009, 4:45 PM
Unfortunately, this has caused us to push out our target date. The target date is now 1 July and we are confident we will meet the date.

While I completely understand that you want to release a solid product, it would be appreciated if you could notify of a pushed release date before the expected date. My team was hoping to use a final version and it was quite a surprise to have M3 instead.

I think people are generally happy to except changes in dates with prior notice as it helps adjust expectations. We all want the best release possible and more time allows the community to get more fix requests in.

Colin Alworth
17 Jun 2009, 5:17 AM
Do we know at this point if more API breaking changes are expected? July 1 is edging too close to our final pre-release testing to rewrite large sections of code based on new APIs, and it would be good to know if we should even bother going with the final release, or just anticipate staying with M3 for the forseeable future.

Thanks,
Colin

sven
17 Jun 2009, 5:20 AM
We are trying to do not brake the API anymore and only fix the remaining issues.

The_Jackal
1 Jul 2009, 6:23 PM
I see that RC1 is out - what's the timeline for GA release? (Roughly)

Obviously there needs to be enough time to get some testing of RC1 in... I've got some unreported bugs that I'll check if they still exist in this release.

Regards,
Carl

brendand
1 Jul 2009, 6:52 PM
I received an email a couple of days ago with this information.

We are pleased to announce the availability of Ext GWT 2.0 RC2. We have been very busy since RC1 fixing bugs (see below) to ensure 2.0 is a rock solid release. Because of the amount of changes and bug fixes we have made since RC1, we have decided to release RC2 and delay the 2.0 release to next Monday, July 6th. For those expecting 2.0 today, we apologize, but felt this delay was needed as we did not want to release 2.0 before it is 100% ready.

See http://extjs.com/deploy/gxt-2.0-rc2/release_notes.html#Release_2.0.RC2 for details.

The_Jackal
1 Jul 2009, 6:58 PM
Interesting - anyone know how I get on this email list?

brendand
1 Jul 2009, 7:06 PM
Interesting - anyone know how I get on this email list?

Go to http://extjs.com/products/gxt/download.php

Fill in the bit under "To receive an email when there is a new release, please enter your name and email address below:".