PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED][3.0rc1] Ext Samples Layout Browser

mschwartz
30 Apr 2009, 5:35 AM
http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/layout-browser/layout-browser.html

Missing all the new kinds of layouts. I'd like to see what MenuLayout does, in action.

(Perhaps a sticky thread for all the examples issues?)

evant
30 Apr 2009, 3:39 PM
The Menu and Toolbar layout are considered "private" at this point, they aren't really meant to be consumed outside of the classes they are used for.

We should add some hbox and vbox examples to the layout browser.

mschwartz
1 May 2009, 5:11 AM
Shucks. I was hoping the MenuLayout might be useful for making vertical toolbar sorts of UI elements.

I guess vbox might be the solution as well, though there's near zero documentation in the API docs about what it really does. FormLayout without the form element?

Condor
1 May 2009, 5:30 AM
For a vertical toolbar I would recommend table or anchor layout. VBox layout is far to complicated for what you are looking for.

mschwartz
1 May 2009, 7:43 AM
For a vertical toolbar I would recommend table or anchor layout. VBox layout is far to complicated for what you are looking for.

I've tried anchor layout, but buttons do not work with anchor: '100%' since they are rendered as tables.

Maybe in 3.x, I can make rows of toolbars with one button each?

Condor
1 May 2009, 7:45 AM
You only need 2 lines of code to fix that in Ext 2.x:

Ext.Button.superclass = Ext.BoxComponent.prototype;
Ext.applyIf(Ext.Button.prototype, Ext.BoxComponent.prototype);
(not required for Ext 3.0)

ps. In Ext 3.0 you could simply use a ButtonGroup.

jay@moduscreate.com
1 May 2009, 7:47 AM
The Menu and Toolbar layout are considered "private" at this point, they aren't really meant to be consumed outside of the classes they are used for.

We should add some hbox and vbox examples to the layout browser.

I can take this task if you want. Let me know, either way please.

jay@moduscreate.com
1 May 2009, 8:28 AM
This thread has moved from a bug to a help topic. can we continue the conversation there?

mschwartz
1 May 2009, 8:31 AM
This thread has moved from a bug to a help topic. can we continue the conversation there?

vb3 has a split thread function, so go for it.

mschwartz
1 May 2009, 9:03 AM
Actually, I solved it, and I'd rather my posts with source code above be deleted...

evant
2 May 2009, 10:18 PM
Jay, that would be great if you could add hbox and vbox into the layout examples :)

jay@moduscreate.com
3 May 2009, 5:33 AM
added as of r3878