PDA

View Full Version : [2.0 M1] Toolbar / ButtonGroup behaviours

Rvanlaak
5 May 2009, 7:00 AM
The 2.0 release has got some new buttons to place on a toolbar. It gives users the possibility to make a Microsoft Ribbon like interface. As it is new, i've found some small issues when the auto-hide function is enabled.

1. When the Hosted Mode environment is started, it doesn't open maximized. I've got 4 buttongroups in my toolbar, and the two on the left are shown as they should show up. The two groups on the right will only be accessible by the arrow when a resize is forced. (see Screenshot 3 in compare with Screen 1) The sollution should be to fire a event when the last group is added, but I couldn't find the right one.
http://extjs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13443&stc=1&d=1241534000

2. On the right side of my toolbar is a company logo. When i've resize the window GXT does add the groups to a menu. That works great! When a subgroup is accessed, and the mouse hovers over the sub item, the entire viewport moves to the left and shrinks a bit. (see Screenshot 1)

http://extjs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13441&stc=1&d=1241533497

3. A other (in my eyes) bug occurs when the above menu is collapsed. The menu doesn't follow the mouse cursor, so doesn't hide when the mouse has left the menu. Only submenus are hidden. This ofcourse is no problem.
The bug occurs when the page is maximized with a expanded menu. At the moment of resize, the menu doesn't hide but the toolbar does expand the previously hidden groups. This gives screenshot 2 as result

http://extjs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13442&stc=1&d=1241534000

4. Then, a last point. When I use large icons on the buttons, the icons in the menu of the hidden groups are also large, and don't fit in the menu. This is visible in Screenshot 1. Is there a way to add a large button on the toolbar, and an other smaller one in the menu?

sven
5 May 2009, 7:05 AM
4: You need to implement this on your own. This can be easily done with css.

3: is fixed in SVN.

2: is fixed in SVN.

1: i dont understand what bug you describe here.

Rvanlaak
5 May 2009, 7:13 AM
4: Does the menu has a different css selector from the toolbar group? I know how to add a style name to a object, but what is the toolbar menu style in this case?

1: Try to add 10 groups to a toolbar. Just that much that the toolbar does need to hide a couple of groups to the arrow on the right. When you now start the Hosted mode, the toolbar won't add those groups to the arrow, but in my case hides them behind the logo in the right of the toolbar. The logo is in an other ContentPanel

Rvanlaak
5 May 2009, 7:21 AM
4: The ToolBar button is class 'x-btn-text' and the ToolBar menu button is 'x-menu-item-icon'

sven
5 May 2009, 7:29 AM
I am unable to reproduce 1. Please post a testcase that is demonstrating the issue.

Rvanlaak
5 May 2009, 7:32 AM
I'll do that tomorrow, dinner is served within minutes.. ;)

Rvanlaak
26 May 2009, 1:47 AM
Bug 2 and 3 are still there in the M2 build

Rvanlaak
26 May 2009, 1:53 AM
My apologies,, I was wrong.. (A) I was working on a older version of my project..

The 1st bug also has been solved...