PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED][3.0rc1] IE8 Disabled Button "Jumps" on mouse Enter/Leave

Ramsay
8 May 2009, 4:35 AM
I have windows with the buttons config populated with a few buttons, one of which is disabled. When I hover over one of the non-disabled buttons, the disabled one shifts down and right. The same happens when I move back off the button. Very strange.

This was fine before I upgraded from Ext JS 2.2.1 to 3rc1.

Ramsay
8 May 2009, 6:21 AM
Okay, I've come up with a reduced test case. In the following example, fire up IE8 and move over and then off the "Reset" button a few times. Watch the "Login" button.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head>
<title>Untitled Page</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/resources/css/ext-all.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ext-all-debug.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var LoginWindow = Ext.extend(Ext.Window, {

initComponent: function() {
var formConfig = {
xtype: 'form',
items: [{ xtype: 'textfield', fieldLabel: 'Username' }]
};

var config = {
items: formConfig,
buttons: [{ text: 'Reset' }, { text: 'Login', disabled:true }]
};

Ext.apply(this, Ext.apply(this.initialConfig, config));

LoginWindow.superclass.initComponent.apply(this, arguments);
}
});

Ext.onReady(function() {
new LoginWindow().show();
});
</script>
</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

Ramsay
8 May 2009, 6:24 AM
Just realised I'm not on rc1.1. Testing against that now.

Ramsay
8 May 2009, 6:29 AM
Yes, still seems to be present on rc1.1. I'd really appreciate it if someone else could at least verify this bug as it's making my head hurt.

Ramsay
8 May 2009, 6:51 AM
I can actually see this bug on the demo at http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-3.0-rc1.1/examples/window/hello.html

This is on Windows 7 Beta, by the way, IE8 build 8.0.7000.0. I guess that could be the issue.

aconran
8 May 2009, 7:09 AM
Could you also try your sample without a doctype?

Ramsay
8 May 2009, 7:17 AM
If I remove the doctype completely then the window ends up stretched across the width of the page and the buttons don't render.

Ramsay
8 May 2009, 8:49 AM
Just tried this on a PC running the Windows 7 RC1 and it seems to work now. Hurray!

aconran
8 May 2009, 8:56 AM
Glad to hear; Give your Ext.Window a width and a height and you should be good to go.

VinylFox
8 May 2009, 9:10 AM
This problem only surfaces when IE8 has "Compatibility View" turned on.

Removing the strict doctype fixes the problem.

Should the strict doctype be removed from the examples? I thought the standard was no doctype, however I see most of the examples have it set.

stever
8 May 2009, 9:18 AM
The poor ExtJS guys have to make things work under all the scenarios. That is why we all use them! Personally, I only use doctypes, though not the strict ones. No quirks mode for me...

Condor
8 May 2009, 9:43 AM
Yes, I also always use a doctype and I don't agree that 'remove the doctype' should be the solution for any Ext bug.
Ext claims to be cross-browser compatible, so this should include supporting both quirks and standards mode.

Fortunately, most standards mode related bugs get solved, so I currently have no code in my fixes.js for standards mode.

chinko
28 Jun 2011, 3:22 AM
Document type makes sometimes effect for your Css and building.
In my case, Updated javascript code, fixed it, it was easy.
just check downloaded at website of the javascript.