PDA

View Full Version : Grids in Tabs not rendering upon tab activation in IE6

jarrod
17 Nov 2006, 3:33 AM
I'm quite certain this was working fine previously with earlier builds... not sure exactly when it broke.

Still working fine in Firefox, but quirky in IE6.

For a layout region with multiple tabs, whereby each tab hosts a grid, and all grids are loaded at the same time (i.e. only one grid visible at any one time) - upon switching to another tab, the grid rows are empty.

The grid rows reappears upon either a container resize or simply moving the mouse cursor over any of the invisible grid records.

jack.slocum
17 Nov 2006, 4:38 AM
Try this and tell me if it works.

gridpanel.on('activate', function(){
gridpanel.getEl().repaint();
});

let me know if that works.

jarrod
17 Nov 2006, 8:39 PM
Nope, doesn't work.

jarrod
17 Nov 2006, 11:54 PM
As an added measure, I tested with a delayed repaint() as well.
i.e. only calling repaint() after 5 seconds after the activate event.

No effect, the grid rows only appear when I move the mouse cursor over the invisible rows.

jack.slocum
18 Nov 2006, 2:41 AM
gridpanel.on('activate', function(){
layout.layout();
});

Try that. That's not intended for production use, but I want to know if it has any affect.

jarrod
18 Nov 2006, 4:02 AM
Yeap, layout.layout() works.

jack.slocum
18 Nov 2006, 12:10 PM
Hows it perform?

jarrod
20 Nov 2006, 1:17 AM
It performs ok I suppose, not much noticeable delay.

jack.slocum
20 Nov 2006, 2:07 PM
I just did a commit with the latest code. It has the display:none tabs workaround in place (and other stuff). See if that fixes it for you.

What it does is if the tab item panel has position relative it uses negative positioning instead of display none. This way offsets are still available and grids should render as expected. It may need a little tweaking.

jarrod
21 Nov 2006, 9:52 PM
I see, interesting workaround.

Btw, any chance that RC2 will be downloadable soon?

Haven't had the opportunity to scout around to see which is a good subversion client/add-in to use.

Herm
21 Nov 2006, 10:09 PM
I use http://tortoisesvn.net/ for windows. It integrates directly into Windows Explorer (right click a folder). There is also subclipse (by the same developers) http://subclipse.tigris.org for eclipse.

brian.moeskau
21 Nov 2006, 11:26 PM
I use http://tortoisesvn.net/ for windows. It integrates directly into Windows Explorer (right click a folder). There is also subclipse (by the same developers) http://subclipse.tigris.org for eclipse.
+1 for tortoise. It's pretty awesome actually, and has a lot more functionality than you even realise when you first try it out. The only downside is that as a general tool it does not offer IDE integration (which is where subeclipse or something like it comes in).

jack.slocum
22 Nov 2006, 12:28 AM
I use it too. It doesn't get any easier.

jarrod
22 Nov 2006, 4:38 AM
Ok, tortoise it is then... :D

Btw, just to check - to build the compressed yui-ext.js, would js builder and subversion access to the latest sources via tortoise suffice?

jack.slocum
22 Nov 2006, 7:50 AM
yes, however the workaround has been commented out. Sorry but it broke too much stuff!

jarrod
22 Nov 2006, 7:57 AM
Oh darn it... :(

Meanwhile, is there a jsb file with the list of js files sequenced correctly for use with js builder currently available for download?

jack.slocum
22 Nov 2006, 5:36 PM
I figured it out - no more display none in tabs or basic dialog. The code is in svn. If you want to test it I'd appreciate it.

One other note, make sure you don't have "hideOnLayout" set to true on your BorderLayout config. That uses display none.

jarrod
22 Nov 2006, 6:13 PM
Sure thing, will grab the latest from svn.

Sorry, but it would help very much to have the jsb file that builds everything into yui-ext.js and yui-ext-debug.js? Perhaps it should be on svn too.

jack.slocum
23 Nov 2006, 2:52 AM
Well, I now have two jsb files, one for resources and one for code. I will add it to svn though it has my build paths hardcoded (you will need to change them).

jarrod
23 Nov 2006, 6:58 PM
Good news... your update works... thanks... :)

Meanwhile, noticed that the generated yui-ext.css does not work - perhaps it is removing more spaces than it should, e.g. ".abc .def{}" becomes ".abc.def{}".

jack.slocum
23 Nov 2006, 9:05 PM
Where'd you find that? yui-ext.css should not be compressed.

jack.slocum
23 Nov 2006, 9:07 PM
I just checked the download, it's not compressed.

jarrod
23 Nov 2006, 10:34 PM
Oh, I'm referring to using yui-ext-resources.jsb to build the yui-ext.css.

For example, the last bits of the generated css file is:

.ytheme-gray.ydlg div.yresizable-handle-southwest{background-image:url(../images/sizer/gray/sw-handle-dark.gif);background-position:top right;margin-left:1px;margin-bottom:1px;border:0px;}.ytheme-gray.ydlg div.yresizable-handle-north{background-image:url(../images/s.gif);border:0px none;}

jack.slocum
24 Nov 2006, 6:09 AM
Ah, I'm just waiting for the ok from Brian to put up a new version of JS Builder that doesn't rape CSS files. :)