PDA

View Full Version : Migration 1.2.3 to 2.0

G.edwin
15 May 2009, 6:25 AM
Hi, I decide to change my gxt1.2.3 to 2.0 in my project in order to have new features (Does the column reordering feature in a grid is implemented ?). However, many compilations problems appeared like cast obligations, constructors changing, and some classes disappeared (like TextToolItem) or are stored in another package.

Is there a page which summarize how to migrate from the 1.2... to the 2.0 version ?

Thanks a lot

sven
16 May 2009, 5:37 AM
There is a little migration guide in the first milestone release. Have you saw it?

G.edwin
18 May 2009, 12:05 AM
Oh, I have missed it. I will take look, thanks !

jadrake75
18 May 2009, 8:02 PM
Hopefully the "migration guide" you are referring to is not the 15 line HTML file listing some API changes? While this was a starter it was by no means complete. Some examples for some of the changes would have been nice.

Still I was successful completing the ~ 1000 compiler errors in my project over (most were the Event objects loosing their field access in favor of bean accessors)

The_Jackal
14 Jul 2009, 9:17 PM
I second that! The "migration guide" is not currently a guide. Darrel or Sven - some more guidance and examples in the guide would be appreciated (and will reduce all the posts to the forums).

becevka
21 Dec 2009, 11:09 PM
I have missed that migration guide from M1, where I can found it now. And do you have some guides about layout changes, cause I have found they are changed.

sven
22 Dec 2009, 2:08 AM
The layouts have not changed. They have to be used as before.

becevka
22 Dec 2009, 3:50 AM
The layouts have not changed. They have to be used as before.

Why not, for example - what means layout(force) - as I understand - if force is false - layout will be called only if there is event listener for beforeLayout event. And it is looks confusing, because i can't guess surely when I need force layout.

By the way onLayoutExcecuted() and onBeforeLayoutExcecuted() looks like typo;)

sven
22 Dec 2009, 3:56 AM
No force means something else and is normally not needed. It only is needed when you are doing something that gets nto registered by the cache.

You simple need to call layout() also now as before, really nothing has changed here.

However how it works has not changed.

becevka
22 Dec 2009, 4:07 AM
But visually after migration I've got a lot of changes - and they looks like in many places some containers needs to be refreshed to get a good view. I will discover all my issues and try to make summary about what need to be change. Here I want to notice that in my application I am using dynamic size calculation, that may be broken by new changes.

becevka
22 Dec 2009, 4:17 AM
BTW during this discussion - I've changed in many places from layout() to layout(true) and it helps.B)

sven
22 Dec 2009, 4:38 AM
you shouild not do that as it will make the app slow.

I dont know what you are doing exactly so i cannot help that much.