PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] [2.0M2] Layout issue on hide button bar

takayser
21 May 2009, 11:09 AM
I have 2 issues if I try to hide the button bar:

1) the button bar does not completely hide, there is still a small bar, at least the container does not expand fully.

2) the button bar only hides (or appears), if I resize the window, even if I call layout() manually. This also happens if I try to show/hide a toolbar set with setBottomComponent().

Im not sure if the second point is really a bug or I am doing anything wrong.

Here the code to reproduce this two issues:

public void onModuleLoad() {
final ContentPanel panel = new ContentPanel();

ToolBar toolbar = new ToolBar();
toolbar.add(new Button("show / hide ButtonBar", new SelectionListener<ButtonEvent>() {
@Override
public void componentSelected(ButtonEvent ce) {
if (panel.getButtonBar().isVisible())
panel.getButtonBar().setVisible(false);
else
panel.getButtonBar().setVisible(true);
}
}));
panel.addButton(new Button("TestButton"));

panel.add(toolbar);
Viewport v = new Viewport();
v.setLayout(new FitLayout());
v.add(panel);
RootPanel.get().add(v);
}

john.nichol
28 May 2009, 7:57 AM
takayser - I am seeing the same problem with GXT 1.2.4. If I change the toolbars visibility then I either have to resize the browser or navigate away to a different tab and then back to the original to see the buttons appear/dissapear.

I have worked around the problem for now by calling setSize() on the ContentPanel to fool GXT into redrawing. E.g.

setSize(getWidth(), getHeight());

this is helping for the particular case I am trying at the moment, don't know if it will help you.

sven
28 May 2009, 8:03 AM
GXT cant listen to all events that may get fired. You need to call layout after removing the toolbar. In GXT 2 you may become aware of sizecaching, there you need to call to syncSize()

I am going to close this issue.

john.nichol
28 May 2009, 8:57 AM
Sven - I do call layout after showing/hiding the toolbar, it doesn't help. Also takayser said in his post that calling layout() manually does not help.

I believe that there is a bug here - think you should consider reopening.

Excerpt from my code is

private void showButtons(final boolean showButtons) {
getButtonBar().setVisible(showButtons);
layout();
// Uncomment this to work around the problem
// setSize(getWidth(), getHeight());
}

sven
28 May 2009, 9:01 AM
You need to call layout on the parent of use setSize of this component do redo the sizing of this component.

takayser
29 May 2009, 12:00 AM
john.nichol, thx for your reply.

@sven, why did you close this bug report? There is still issue nr. 1 (the button bar does not completely hide, there is still a small bar, at least the container does not expand fully) that has not been solved/answered.

Issue Nr. 2 (show/hide)
okay, calling panel.syncSize() & viewport.syncSize() "solved" the problem (see below). Are you sure that this is the correct way to show/hide the buttonbar and there is nothing to fix?

ps. maybe my english is not that good, I do not really understand your last post.

Solution that works:

public void onModuleLoad() {
final ContentPanel panel = new ContentPanel();
final Viewport viewport = new Viewport();
final ToolBar toolbar = new ToolBar();
toolbar.add(new Button("show / hide ButtonBar", new SelectionListener<ButtonEvent>() {
@Override
public void componentSelected(ButtonEvent ce) {
if (panel.getButtonBar().isVisible()) {
panel.getButtonBar().setVisible(false);
panel.syncSize();
viewport.syncSize();
} else {
panel.getButtonBar().setVisible(true);
panel.syncSize();
viewport.syncSize();
}
}
}));
panel.addButton(new Button("TestButton"));

panel.add(toolbar);

viewport.setLayout(new FitLayout());
viewport.add(panel);
RootPanel.get().add(viewport);
}

sven
29 May 2009, 12:39 AM
The problem is that you are hiding only the toolbar and not the element that is holding the toolbar. This element has a padding set. So it will not completly collapse. So there are too approaches:

Hide the parent element of the toolbar
Change the css rule that is assigned to the parent element and has the padding set

sven
29 May 2009, 12:40 AM
panel.syncSize();
viewport.syncSize();

syncSize on the panel should be sufficient.

takayser
29 May 2009, 4:11 AM
okay, the one with the padding I understand, thanks for explaining. And if this is the correct behavior like it is now, it is easy to fix it for myself. Thx!

Referring to the other issue: nope, panel.syncSize() is not sufficient, I need to call viewport.syncSize() too.