PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] RemoteGrid.setAutoWidth(true) caused the data & header to not render

jhudson888
22 May 2009, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I am using 2.0-M2 and, now, when I use setAutoWidth(true), the table shows blank background where the field data should be and blank header bar where the column headers should be. Thanks.

Joe

sven
22 May 2009, 10:52 AM
Grids need to be sized. AutoWidth is not working with grids.

jhudson888
22 May 2009, 11:09 AM
Thank you for your response. I'm a little confused though. Setting auto-width worked with M1 (unless I'm just completely remembering incorrectly). So, are you saying that for M2 autoWidth isn't working but it will with the GA release or autoWidth is not to be supported anymore.

If you are not supporting autoWidth anymore, can I ask why? This is a huge feature of the grid when allowing for a dynamically-sized window. Thank you.

Joe

sven
22 May 2009, 11:12 AM
It should never have worked correctly.

Can you please provide some testcase where it worked once and not any longer now?

jhudson888
23 May 2009, 4:43 AM
I'm sorry, right before evaluating GXT I was evaluating EXT-GWT. I must be remembering the functionality of that project. So, there are no plans to support that? Thanks.

Joe

sven
23 May 2009, 4:49 AM
No, it is almost impossible to support that. You should use layouts to manage the sizes.

jhudson888
23 May 2009, 4:53 AM
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Can you explain how I could use layout managers to do this?

If I have a grid and I don't necessarily know the width, how could I, with layout managers, control the size of each column? Thanks.

Joe

sven
23 May 2009, 4:55 AM
You dont control the size of each column. You would control the size of the hole grid.